News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Play It Loud" Exhibition at the MET

Started by Superfreakie, September 11, 2019, 09:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Anyone been or planning on going? Not much time left to see........well, no need for words. Check it out:

https://www.metmuseum.org/exhibitions/listings/2019/play-it-loud

I'm planning on hitting this before it closes.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 11, 2019, 09:13:18 PM
Anyone been or planning on going? Not much time left to see........well, no need for words. Check it out:

When?
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Superfreakie

Quote from: pcr3 on September 11, 2019, 11:50:57 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 11, 2019, 09:13:18 PM

When?

Name a time and date. Has to be before October 1st as that is the last day.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

jam>

Let me know when you guys are going. I'd be up for it.

Superfreakie

Done. Still waiting for Paul to respond. I'm seeing Knopfler at MSG on the 25th. Riding solo. Have floors.

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 13, 2019, 01:05:35 PM
Done. Still waiting for Paul to respond. I'm seeing Knopfler at MSG on the 25th. Riding solo. Have floors.

Wait, you have an extra for Knopfler at MSG?

Looking at my calendar, I have tix to Kimock and Friends in Beverly the next night.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

Buffalo Budd

Hell, that would be a killer show.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: pcr3 on September 13, 2019, 01:59:22 PM

Wait, you have an extra for Knopfler at MSG?

Looking at my calendar, I have tix to Kimock and Friends in Beverly the next night.

Sorry, I bought a single ticket for $150 on Ticketmasters' re-sale site (on stubhub they are $500 for floors not sure if TM made a mistake) - Section A Row 24 seat 4. They still have some there, same price.

tet

just went today, SO amazing!!  wow.  seeing Wolf and Tiger are obviously very special, but getting that close with the guitars that Clapton used on MTV Unplugged, or Dylan when he went electric at Newport, were incredible. 

my favorite find there however was the only Quarrymen poster known to exist - that is just so fucking cool.  the whole Metallica setup, the Fender prototype...  so much there that may never be seen again since it's under private collection.  i've never made it to the Hall of Fame but am sure there's cool stuff there too, but this was a once-in-a-lifetime exhibit I think.  if you are anywhere near NYC this weekend, make the effort.  i would have been kicking myself forever had I missed this.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Superfreakie

Quote from: tet on September 26, 2019, 02:18:57 PM
just went today, SO amazing!!  wow.  seeing Wolf and Tiger are obviously very special, but getting that close with the guitars that Clapton used on MTV Unplugged, or Dylan when he went electric at Newport, were incredible. 

my favorite find there however was the only Quarrymen poster known to exist - that is just so fucking cool.  the whole Metallica setup, the Fender prototype...  so much there that may never be seen again since it's under private collection.  i've never made it to the Hall of Fame but am sure there's cool stuff there too, but this was a once-in-a-lifetime exhibit I think.  if you are anywhere near NYC this weekend, make the effort.  i would have been kicking myself forever had I missed this.

Christ, this is nearly over. Need a reminder. I was at MSG last night for the Knopfler show.

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 26, 2019, 04:22:10 PM

Christ, this is nearly over. Need a reminder. I was at MSG last night for the Knopfler show.

How was Bonnie Raitt with Knopfler?

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 27, 2019, 07:22:17 AM
Going to this Saturday morning...

Lucky.  I would love to go.  If only they would extend it two weeks, I get to NYC on the 11th  :oops:

Superfreakie

Quote from: pcr3 on September 26, 2019, 05:36:41 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 26, 2019, 04:22:10 PM

How was Bonnie Raitt with Knopfler?

Knopfler was good, but the years are showing energy wise. Sang a lot away from the mic. Guitar playing was very good, not as good as I've seen him though. Thought that Get Lucky Tour in 08/09 might have been the best all around Knopfler shows I have ever seen (sound + playing + band + song selection).

Bonnie played probably the best Angel from Montgomery I have ever heard, started the song on solo acoustic. I wish she'd drop all the pop slock and just play acoustic guitar and sing. That's when she really shines, in all musical facets. Gifted voice, beautiful guitar.