News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bonnaroo Radiohead Unappreciation

Started by Hicks, February 02, 2006, 06:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Seriously folks, Radiohead headlining the Roo is good news!  These guys put on an incredible live show, even if you're on the fence after hearing their studio stuff, seeing them at a show will blow your mind!

The complete lack of respect for their talent this morning in the jam band community is a total disgrace, IMO.   :-P
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

I'm stoked for that.

I wonder who the final headliner will be??

antelope19

Quote from: ikki on February 02, 2006, 06:48:35 AM
Seriously folks, Radiohead headlining the Roo is good news!  These guys put on an incredible live show, even if you're on the fence after hearing their studio stuff, seeing them at a show will blow your mind!

The complete lack of respect for their talent this morning in the jam band community is a total disgrace, IMO.   :-P

Agreed.  I have seen these guys twice, they are the real deal.  But I guess I would be considered somewhat of a fan of their studio stuff also.  I don't think I will make it to the Roo, but would recommend going to see them anytime.   
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on February 02, 2006, 07:18:11 AM
I'm stoked for that.

I wonder who the final headliner will be??

Well I would put money down on Trey showing up, but who knows maybe he's saving his strength for something else later in the summer. . .

I've never been to Bonnaroo, but a chance to see Radiohead (I'm a huge fan of all their stuff) again makes it tempting. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about people bitching because there's no Trey, WSP, or SCI announced so far, but I really thought people that were into Phish were a little more open minded than that. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

People are sheep.  And they'll complain about anything.

I saw people saying that this year is more "mainstream", that's bullshit.  People love to hate Bonnaroo.

If I can see Bill Frisell and Jerry Douglas at the same festival, I'll probably go.

I doubt Trey would be a full blown headliner, but maybe another late-night main stage set like last year.

I'm not a Panic fan but if they're on the bill I can get some people to go with me for sure - so I'm pulling for them. I guess they want to get away from having WSP there every year.  That would really change the face of the fest, imo.

August

radiohead at bonnaroo is big for the band and for the festival.

rh are playing smaller venues this summer, to road test some new material,
which is a better environment to see them.
i saw them about thirty times and am psyched to see them come around again.
a

skullbone dog

i didnt like roo too much, i mean it was a ton a fun, but once is enough for me. ill stick to the smaller fests. i kept telling myself i wont go back to roo, but radiohead is tempting, and like mattstick said, i wonder who the final headliner will be, and that might just push me over the edge as to attend roo once again

Hicks

Quote from: august on February 02, 2006, 02:07:41 PM

Do you have any details about that?  Hook a brotha up, because I can't find any news of a tour anywhere, and I'd really like to see them out here on the West Coast.

antelope19

Quote from: ikki on February 02, 2006, 04:49:55 PM
Quote from: august on February 02, 2006, 02:07:41 PM

Do you have any details about that?  Hook a brotha up, because I can't find any news of a tour anywhere, and I'd really like to see them out here on the West Coast.

agreed, have they posted tour dates yet?  I would love to see them again.  Its been oh, well, several years I guess.......I think the last time I saw them was geez, at the Tibetan freedom concert in DC many moons ago.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

August

they were looking to do an outside show somewhere in chicago and got shot down.

but ed and thom have confirmed that they will be playing theatres in all of the major cities
although no official dates have been posted.

they should be released soon since they will probably be here in june.

(the chicago show was going to be in mid june).

they played the MTV $2 bill show in 2003 at the beacon theater here in nyc.
i slept on the sidewalk for two days to get a ticket ($2!) and then
spent another day the day of the show crushed up ,waiting in line to get a good spot.
i am all over the video that circulates,
lokk for the really tired guy.
a

rowjimmy

Radiohead @ roo proves that the promoters are serious in making roo an annual MUSIC festival.

Hicks

I saw Radiohead in a 1000 capacity club for a $1 right after Pablo Honey came out. 

Too bad I barely remember the show, except for "Creep" of course.   :roll:

August

Hicks

It was at a club called La Luna in Portland, OR, the place isn't around any more but I used to go there all the time when I was in high school.  I'm pretty sure the show was sponsored by a local radio station and that's why it was so cheap. 

But yeah, I was 16 at the time, and pretty drunk too, I think I spent most of the night in the other room hanging out with friends.  But I distinctly remember staggering out to the floor for Creep and that Thom had long hair, and at the time he kind of reminded me of Kurt Cobain.  They played the song well, I had my drunken "radio song"  experience and that was about it.  I wish I could say they converted me that night, but I actually didn't get into them until OK Computer came out (although I remember liking the High and Dry video before that). 

mattstick

There's so many self-righteous dumbasses who just love to rant and rave about how shitty Bonnaroo is - it pisses me off too!

Maybe if they were to quit complaining and actually go to the festival they'd (GASP) HAVE SOME REAL FUN...

Fuck 'em.