News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Leslie West

Started by mopper_smurf, December 24, 2020, 02:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

QuoteGuitar legend Leslie West, one of the most influential and original players to emerge from the late ?60s rock scene, has died at the age of 75.

The news was confirmed by Dean Guitars ? which West endorsed ? on Facebook, with Dean CEO Evan Rubinson adding, "To a man that I truly loved more than most ? the funniest, most honest guy I?ve met."

West had been gravely ill, according to his brother, Larry West Weinstein.

On December 21, Weinstein posted on Facebook that West?s heart had stopped and he was placed on a ventilator. ?I am asking for all your prayers,? Weinstein wrote. ?[His wife] Jenni is by his side in Florida but it?s not looking good. Thanks Jenni, he wouldn?t have made it this far without you.?

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/guitar-legend-and-mountain-frontman-leslie-west-dies-aged-75

Is 2020 over yet?
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

He was the man.  Had a rough go of it ever since he lost his leg, but still had decent spirits.  I have always been a pretty big Mountain fan.  They should have been bigger for sure.  I always thought ( and it somewhat common thought) that if they had agreed to be in the Woodstock film and album, they would have been a lot bigger.  The guy was a monster player.  I was flying back from London in 88 or 89 and he was on my flight back to NYC.  Saw this guy at the gate with two guitars in gig bags and I was like holy shit, that's Leslie West.  I never talk to famous people when I see them, but in this case I said a quick hello and he was super cool.  Was with his (I think) ex-wife.  They were both nice.  Anyway, what a bummer, he was an excellent player and never had the acclaim he should have.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."