News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021-08-06 - Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 07, 2021, 08:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

I:
Carini, Wolfman's Brother, Sand, Lawn Boy, We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains, Tube, Nellie Kane, Horn > Rift, The Wedge, Walls of the Cave

II:
AC/DC Bag > Blaze On, Wilson > Simple, Harry Hood > I Never Needed You Like This Before

E:
Sanity, Limb By Limb, Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Great fuckin' show! Dark and nasty in that second set.

Started feeling a bit ill during set II and left as I Never Needed You was starting, so I missed the encore.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Hope you're feeling better.
I'm right in the late/middle of Blaze On and digging this high weirdness. Pretty consistent stylistically as compared to several of the recent big jams.
I am a fan

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 07, 2021, 09:58:35 AMHope you're feeling better.
I'm right in the late/middle of Blaze On and digging this high weirdness. Pretty consistent stylistically as compared to several of the recent big jams.
I am a fan
I'm still quite a bit queasy this morning and have a huge headache. I think I ate some bad chicken before hitting the show last night. I'm just hoping that I feel well enough to make it out tonight. If not, there's always tomorrow!

Bobafett

It was a great show.  Simple went to deep space nine.  Blaze on was tits, encore was fun.  First set did not disappoint either
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Marmar

is there anything left of the venue after they burnt that fucker to the ground last night?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Gonna say, halfway through set one and the Sand is fucking outstanding.
In fact, so far this set is pretty great.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

tet

I mean, that was a scorcher of a show from start to finish. I was exhausted but couldn't go to sleep because I was enthralled with each song played. So fucking good
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Superfreakie

The Simple is basically a giant Pink Floyd nod. And a mighty fine nod at that.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

cactusfan

Only checked out a few songs so far... but damn. That Simple is from another planet.

The jamming this tour reminds me in a sense of Dec. '99, in that everything seems to have a similar dance-groove that they're just really digging into.

Superfreakie

Quote from: cactusfan on August 09, 2021, 10:26:50 PMThe jamming this tour reminds me in a sense of Dec. '99, in that everything seems to have a similar dance-groove that they're just really digging into.

Agree. And the effect toy arsenal in full deploy is definitely lending weight to the comparison. 
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.