News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021-09-04 - Dick's, Commerce City, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by GBL, September 05, 2021, 11:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

09/04/2021
Dick's Sporting Good Park — Commerce City, CO

Soundcheck: We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

I: Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Turtle in the Clouds, Blaze On, Cool It Down > Ghost > Ya Mar, Undermind, Tube > David Bowie

II: Everything's Right > Fuego > Farmhouse > Mercury -> Seven Below > Drift While You're Sleeping, You Enjoy Myself

E: Bold As Love

The lyrics in Blaze On were changed to reference Dick's. Trey teased Fire (Ohio Players) in Drift While You're Sleeping. This was the rescheduled date from the show that had been postponed due to the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak in 2020.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

This one probably ranks lowest of the eight I've seen this summer. Solid first set and pretty righteous Everything's Right jam. Rest of the second set was a hot mess. Trey completely forgot how to play Fuego and his attempt to segue into 7-Below was... sad. Sometimes I just can't understand what's going through that ADHD head of his. I also can't understand how my favorite band writes songs like Drift While You're Sleeping.

YEM was actually pretty hot but it felt like they just tagged it onto the end of the set after realizing they had 20 minutes left or something.

And man, I forget every year how loooow energy Dick's shows are. Everyone is just so stoned lol. It's like, everyone's on drugs but yet it's not a "rowdy" vibe at all. Buncha hippies out here!
Bring in the dude!

susep

Wasn't impressed by much in set one, Tube started off great, gets flat for me towards the end.  Another jammed out Everything's Right, one of their current jam horses if you will.  Love the last 3-4 minutes of funk in ER.  Mercury continues to age well like a musical wine.  It appears jam wise, this tune likely peaked in 2018.  Still a goody.  Seven Below while not a 20+ min version, has great feel and a varied jam for 7+ mins.  I generally pass on Drift also however You Enjoy Myself is consistently solid.  Its nice to hear them play something old from their catalog and play it relatively clean as opposed to the copious amounts of exploration we've been getting from this tour.  As always a perfect way to end a set.   

emay

I had a great time this night. Had a solid crew with space in the back corner of the field Mike side. Alumni opener was a nice surprise. Never seen a Cool It Down so another cool moment. Thought the ghost had a nice peak, and after re-listen its still pretty good. The Bowie is decent too. Fishman on the rides during the beginning of the bowie jam is some impressive stuff. Everything's Right jam seemed to just keep going with not much direction but had some good moments in there, Fuego > Farmhouse is a little bit of :tte:  Thought the YEM was above average.