News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021-10-16 Chase Center San Francisco, CA Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Hicks, October 17, 2021, 03:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

:phish:
10-16-2021
Chase Center
San Francisco, CA

SET 1: Possum, Halley's Comet > 46 Days > Slave to the Traffic Light, Simple > Shade > Winterqueen > Meat > Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: Bathtub Gin > Everything's Right > Frankie Says* > The Wedge, The Moma Dance

ENCORE: Carini#

* LTP 8/8/15, w/ Bathtub Gin ending
# w/ Tweezer Reprise jam
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Hicks

Sac was cool, but they went up several notches for this one, pretty much all killer, no filler second set which was a little short, but they made up for it with that Carini encore, holy schnikes!

Band is pretty much on fire already.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Show was fireeee

Carini went places too.
That Frankie says jam back to gin was great. Moma dance jam was top notch prob one of the best moma dances

VDB

With any luck, Fishman will be insisting on well-jammed Momas from here on out.
Is this still Wombat?

justjezmund

Yeah this looks interesting to say the least.  Can't wait to listen.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

WhatstheUse?

Moma jam you say?! Sick!

eta: woah - they jammed out Carini too?! When is the last time they've had a 15+ jam in the encore?
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Left my brains in tiny pieces scattered about the venue last night.
Now that was a show.

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 17, 2021, 11:00:09 AMMoma jam you say?! Sick!

eta: woah - they jammed out Carini too?! When is the last time they've had a 15+ jam in the encore?

Outside of YEM encores, nothing really comes to mind tbh. 

Also pretty sure this was only the second time they've jammed Frankie with the other being from 11/03. 

jam>

Quote from: Hicks on October 17, 2021, 01:56:11 PMAlso pretty sure this was only the second time they've jammed Frankie with the other being from 11/03. 

12/28/03 wants to have a word with you.

Hicks

Quote from: jam> on October 17, 2021, 02:16:53 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 17, 2021, 01:56:11 PMAlso pretty sure this was only the second time they've jammed Frankie with the other being from 11/03. 

12/28/03 wants to have a word with you.

Hey I was only off by a month bro. 

jam>

Quote from: Hicks on October 17, 2021, 02:38:06 PMHey I was only off by a month bro. 
Good point. I thought you meant Nov. 3rd, which doesn't make much sense now that I think about it.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 17, 2021, 11:00:09 AMMoma jam you say?! Sick!

Pretty sure it would be 10/19/10 for that Reba right?
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 17, 2021, 06:17:50 PM

Pretty sure it would be 10/19/10 for that Reba right?

Oooh. Good call - that was a great Reba.

I'm drawing a blank on any other actual type-II jammed out encores... even 1.0...  I suppose the 12/30/97 Carini was pretty jammin but not very long.

Excluding YEMs and Hoods... I wonder if this was the longest single song encore?
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

This show is Quality.
46 Days  >  Slave is a killer 20 min slab.
Set two is a complete unit and really an epic bit of work. Then they come out and hose every one down with a huge Carini?!? Beautiful.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

QuoteThis show is Quality.
46 Days  >  Slave is a killer 20 min slab.
Set two is a complete unit and really an epic bit of work. Then they come out and hose every one down with a huge Carini?!? Beautiful.

I've had a lot of fun listening the next day on sirius to these shows.
these, above, were my two favorite parts so far... antelope and wedge I have soft spots for so my car danced a lot for those, too.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫