News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2021-10-26 Santa Barbara Bowl, Santa Barbara, CA Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, October 27, 2021, 05:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

SANTA BARBARA BOWL 
Santa Barbara, CA 
SET 1: 
Pebbles and Marbles[1] -> Makisupa Policeman > Sample in a Jar[1] > The Silver Light[2] > Halley's Comet > Mountains in the Mist, Mull > Set Your Soul Free  

SET 2: Blaze On[3] > Beneath a Sea of Stars Part 1 > 46 Days > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley > Weekapaug Groove > About to Run, If I Could > Sigma Oasis  

ENCORE: Fuck Your Face > Meatstick > The Lizards > A Life Beyond The Drea

[1] Unfinished. 
[2] Phish debut. 
[3] Lyrics changed to "We'll be dancing at the Bowl."  

Pebbles and Marbles and Sample in a Jar were unfinished. This show featured the Phish debut of The Silver Light. Halley's Comet included an Oye Como Va jam. Blaze On's lyrics were changed to "We'll be dancing at the Bowl." Weekapaug contained a Piper jam and a Crimes of the Mind tease from Trey.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Well got damn, that was a tough ticket! Probably the closest I've been to not getting into a show. I lucked out and ran into my friend who works for phish and she worked some magic. I didn't see a ticket sold for less than $600 pre-show.

The show was kinda all over the place, IMO but had its high points. Did they just jam Sample out of nowhere? That's cool. Such a great venue... but also super weird cuz there's no lot at all and it's situated in the middle of neighborhoods.

Anyways. Onto Vegas...
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

rowjimmy

Per Scott Marks
QuoteICYMI:

The
"Hello!
Hi!
How are you?
Good.
We hope you have a good time."

in 10/26/21's Makisupa (3:00) and Weekapaug (0:44) are quotes of Little Squirrel from 1983's Bivouac Jaun (@treyanastasio, @TomMarshall111, and Marc Daubert).

These quotes have been added to @phishnet

Buffalo Budd

^I saw that and wasn't sure if I believed it was intentional or not.
Knowing these guys, it probably was.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

kellerb

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 27, 2021, 02:42:19 PMThe real question is, did it come from somewhere else first?

"Hello. "
"Hello. Do you like my hat?"
"I do not."
"Goodbye."
"Goodbye."

-P.D. Eastman

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

susep

This 46 Days is way off the hook.  Haunting, dissonant yet deliciously good.