News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022/08/03 - Pine Knob, Clarkston, MI- Roll-Call Thread

Started by anthrax, March 09, 2022, 05:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

mistercharlie

Did we even have anybody there last night? I'm assuming some old pagers like Flow00 were probably there. I can't remember the last show that at least one of us wasn't at.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

mistercharlie

Oh, I didn't know you went. How bad was the storm? I've seen them play through some pretty rough weather before (Polaris '99 always sticks out in my mind) and aside from the extended set break at DC '09, it didn't effect the show times.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

it was the rainiest night of phish i have ever experienced.  we got to the lot super early, set up some chairs under tree cover near shakedown, had a beer and grilled burgers.  by the time we were done grilling a wall of black ominous clouds was approaching.  it started raining right around 4:30pm and pretty much poured until 8ish.  i would say a majority of the crowed spent those three hours in their cars getting hammered.  it was hard hard rain with a lot of lightning and thunder.  for a bit there, we thought they might just cancel the whole show, but the lightning let up.  areas of the parking lot had rivers running through it.  parts of shakedown was under water.  it was even raining as we walked in a bit after 8.  they didn't even scan tickets, just a quick walk through the metal detector and get to your spot.  thankfully we were under cover of the pavilion, so the show wasn't really impacted from our perspective.

when we walked out, all we wanted to do was get our ponchos off and have a beer outside the car, but a few minutes after we left the venue it started raining again.  it poured the whole drive back to the hotel. 

it wasn't even close to the craziest storm in terms of lightning, thunder, and wind.  but the friggin amount of RAIN was bonkers. 

mistercharlie

Damn, that sounds insane. I bet a lot of people had some fun trips in their cars without even driving them!

Hicks

Quote from: anthrax on August 04, 2022, 07:09:23 PMit was the rainiest night of phish i have ever experienced.  we got to the lot super early, set up some chairs under tree cover near shakedown, had a beer and grilled burgers.  by the time we were done grilling a wall of black ominous clouds was approaching.  it started raining right around 4:30pm and pretty much poured until 8ish.  i would say a majority of the crowed spent those three hours in their cars getting hammered.  it was hard hard rain with a lot of lightning and thunder.  for a bit there, we thought they might just cancel the whole show, but the lightning let up.  areas of the parking lot had rivers running through it.  parts of shakedown was under water.  it was even raining as we walked in a bit after 8.  they didn't even scan tickets, just a quick walk through the metal detector and get to your spot.  thankfully we were under cover of the pavilion, so the show wasn't really impacted from our perspective.

when we walked out, all we wanted to do was get our ponchos off and have a beer outside the car, but a few minutes after we left the venue it started raining again.  it poured the whole drive back to the hotel. 

it wasn't even close to the craziest storm in terms of lightning, thunder, and wind.  but the friggin amount of RAIN was bonkers. 

Sweet weather recap, but I feel like you yada yada'd the best part?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Well, I did ask him specifically about the weather.  :police:

WhatstheUse?

Anthrax coming in hot to represent the Paug. My guy! :beerbang:
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy