News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mercy - Trey Solo Acoustic Album

Started by mbw, March 11, 2022, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

susep

Checked it out this am, not really my thing, and for that reason, I'm out. 

rowjimmy

I enjoyed it.
Anyone know where someone can read the fucking liner notes?
Given that there's no physical thing to line... they're not on LivePhish or iTunes.

PIE-GUY

QuoteI enjoyed it.
Given that there's no physical thing to line... they're not on LivePhish or iTunes.

Info and lyrics all right here... https://trey.com/albums/mercy/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 12, 2022, 05:47:28 AM
QuoteI enjoyed it.

Info and lyrics all right here... https://trey.com/albums/mercy/

Whoever decided that they should capitalize 5 random letters on that page but keep everything else lower-case needs to be fired.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Let's just pretend this didn't happen.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

shoreline99

Quote from: Hicks on March 12, 2022, 12:38:25 PMLet's just pretend this didn't happen.

Yep, pretty much. Even gave it a second listen this morning over coffee, but....
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mopper_smurf

QuoteI've got music
So, who needs anything more
To extend the time
With invisible weight
Absorbed and unalterable
In delirium
Sightly deceiving
In living light, living light

Guess I have to spike my coffee to make sense of this.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sls.stormyrider

Trey's guitar sounds great on this recording
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mopper_smurf

No complaints about the sound of it. But I can get passed his lyrics. I tried, I tried again, and then I gave up.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

QuoteNo complaints about the sound of it. But I can get passed his lyrics. I tried, I tried again, and then I gave up.
I'm right there with you. I gave it another try today. It's just not the Trey that I want to hear.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Finally gave this a proper listen. It's not good. Honestly, I'm far more excited about  :wtu:'s debut solo effort. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

QuoteFinally gave this a proper listen. It's not good. Honestly, I'm far more excited about  :wtu:'s debut solo effort.

Shit, Best Of Me has been in my head since hearing it. I can't even remember a single song off of Mercy.  :wtu:

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.