News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LP Archival Release - September 29, 1999

Started by mistercharlie, March 16, 2022, 06:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Pretty great show for an archival release! That 2001!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

I've wanted to hear this 2001 in pristine quality for years. Two track or multi?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

QuoteI've wanted to hear this 2001 in pristine quality for years. Two track or multi?
No info yet. We may have to wait until Friday to find out.

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

anthrax

Was there.  Was fun.  Was slightly disappointed at no Forbins or Harpua because how many times do you play a show inside a huge fucking pyramid.

Bobafett

QuoteWas there.  Was fun.  Was slightly disappointed at no Forbins or Harpua because how many times do you play a show inside a huge fucking pyramid.
Now it's the largest bass pro shop in the world!   Saw The Rolling Stones there around 2000/2001 too
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

My buddy Cottie, who taped most of '99, let someone else run his rig that night and rode the rail. Most of his stories involve the word "awesome" and description of Trey playing with an abundance of intensity and confidence.

mistercharlie

QuoteI've wanted to hear this 2001 in pristine quality for years. Two track or multi?
Multi-track!

Quote9/29/99 was recorded by Paul Languedoc to digital multitrack and mixed by Jon Altschiller.

mattstick

mistercharlie

My boss had me take a long lunch today since I had to work late the other night (and he needs me a bit late tonight to record training videos for new hires). I put on set II, put on my headphones and jammed the fuck out on my bike for the whole set!! Really exhausted now, but it was fun and worth it!

anthrax

cactusfan

Taste was such a great song back then.

mistercharlie

So, have we ever figured out what the 'Die Die' effect Trey (or possibly Page) is playing with is? I've only heard it on this Fall/Winter '99 tour. Mostly in this show and a Bowie from December (I think 12/10/99, maybe?) are the places it sticks out in my head. Every time I hear it I wonder what it is.

Marmar

1) there are better shows that could have been chosen....
2) only highlight of this show is the 2001....
3) they screwed the pooch with the mixdown....it sounds SO sterile...and pegged.

C'mon LivePhish, you can do better than this.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.