News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RIP Taylor Hawkins

Started by mistercharlie, March 26, 2022, 05:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

No info is out about the cause of death but he was only 50.  Too damned soon for such a good drummer. If you don't recognize the name, he was the drummer for The Foo Fighters.

RIP :'(
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Way too young to go. Not a FF fan myself but he seemed to be a solid guy by all accounts.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Wow. That's fucked. I have never been into FF musically, but I love those guys. He and Grohl gave off so much energy... and just always seemed so fucking genuinely happy to be alive. 

best example I can think of:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Daaaaammmn. What a fucking bummer.

I also was never a huge fan of FF but always loved and respected Taylor and Grohl. They really did put some positive vibes out into the world.  They also were kind of the epitome of a Rock Star to me. Taylor may have been 50 but still had a very youthful energy about him. Damn. Too young.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Really sad, Dave is the coolest guy ever and Taylor was like a brother to him.

I'm sure Dave will keep FF going because he's a survivor, but this sucks. 

RIP
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

PIE-GUY

I mean... Rockstar is a monicker that gets thrown around a bit too much, imo. But:

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Had the first Foo album playing with a candle vigil for him today while making lunch.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2022, 12:34:25 PMHad the first Foo album playing with a candle vigil for him today while making lunch.

fwiw, Taylor didn't play on that record but I'd say it's the thought that counts.  ;)  :'(

It's weird how much this is bumming me out, bc I didn't even listen to them.... but they've just always been around.  I'm not old enough to have seen any 70's 'Rockstars" in their prime .... but Taylor and Grohl have been superstars since I was in middle school. 50 is just too young to go.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

QuoteHad the first Foo album playing with a candle vigil for him today while making lunch.

fwiw, Taylor didn't play on that record but I'd say it's the thought that counts.  ;)  :'(
Well, damn. It's my only Foo vinyl.  :-\

Buffalo Budd

By Taylor's account, Grohl pretty much played all the instruments on the FF albums, or at least told them what to play.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

moonmoog

So so sad to hear this. RIP
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 26, 2022, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 26, 2022, 12:34:25 PMHad the first Foo album playing with a candle vigil for him today while making lunch.

It's weird how much this is bumming me out, bc I didn't even listen to them.... but they've just always been around.  I'm not old enough to have seen any 70's 'Rockstars" in their prime .... but Taylor and Grohl have been superstars since I was in middle school. 50 is just too young to go.

tragic
50 is too young
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Gumbo72203

drugs are bad.  You guys read the autopsy report?  Heart twice the size of normal... 600 grams.  That's absolutely insane. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

alcoholandcoffeebeans

still bummed about this... on top of having tickets to see them here in Raleigh next month i'm just a big fan.
i had just finished Dave's book 3 days before this happened and after reading about them together all the time i cannot imagine.. ugh.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mistercharlie

We don't have a Foo Fighter's thread, so I didn't know where to put this...

The Foo Fighters have announced that Taylor's replacement is Josh Freese!!! One of the best drummers in rock! He started in The Vandals (still their drummer), and he's the current drummer for Devo too.

He has also been the drummer for A Perfect Circle, Nine Inch Nails, The Offspring, Weezer, Sting, and Sublime with Rome.

I think he will be amazing in FF!