News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022-08-12 - Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 13, 2022, 08:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Phish
August 12, 2022
Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI

Soundcheck: Petrichor (soundcheck possibly incomplete)

Set I:
Fuego, Clear Your Mind > Twist > Halley's Comet > Destiny Unbound, The Moma Dance, Drift While You're Sleeping

Set II:
Ass Handed > Set Your Soul Free -> Golden Age > Lonely Trip > Ghost > The Howling > Simple > David Bowie

Encore:
The Lizards, More

Twist contained Clear Your Mind quotes. Ghost included a Fire (Ohio Players) tease from Trey and Ass Handed quotes. Page teased the theme from Speed Racer in The Lizards.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Only through the first set so far, but hot damn is this a good show! I love Clear Your Mind and the way they twist it into Twist is pretty fun. Then some good funk rarities followed by Moma. That Moma is something special.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

I thought last night was weird tbh, anyone else notice that the lights didn't move at all?  are they not able to use the same light rig here?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: GBL on August 13, 2022, 02:46:29 PMI thought last night was weird tbh, anyone else notice that the lights didn't move at all?  are they not able to use the same light rig here?
They didn't move at GW either - older sheds can't handle the dynamic weight of the rig moving. 

Quote from: GBL on August 13, 2022, 12:25:04 PMI haven't seen that many ripcords in years

Ripcords or "Segues?" 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: GBL on August 13, 2022, 02:46:29 PMI thought last night was weird tbh, anyone else notice that the lights didn't move at all?  are they not able to use the same light rig here?
Older places, like Alpine and Deer Creek can't handle the new light set-up. There was an interview with Kuroda about it somewhere.

cactusfan

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 13, 2022, 08:22:28 AMOnly through the first set so far, but hot damn is this a good show! I love Clear Your Mind and the way they twist it into Twist is pretty fun. Then some good funk rarities followed by Moma. That Moma is something special.

Wait, Halley's and Destiny are "funk rarities" now? Man, 4.0 is so confusing.

GBL

Hicks

Somebody needs to read my GW > Bangor recap.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on August 14, 2022, 12:24:41 AM

Somebody needs to read my GW > Bangor recap.

Did you release an audio book version? I've got a 15 hour drive back to Colorado on Monday and was thinking that MIGHT be enough time to get through your recap!
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Moma is the jam of the show.
SYSF > Golden Age is good.
Bowie is also good.