News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022-08-13 - Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI - Post Show Discussion and Review

Started by mistercharlie, August 14, 2022, 05:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Phish
08/13/2022
Alpine Valley
East Troy, WI

Set I:
1999 > Fluffhead > Saw It Again, Leaves -> Back on the Train, Taste, Petrichor, The Squirming Coil

Set II:
Backwards Down the Number Line -> Maze, Mr. Completely > Roggae, About to Run, Waves > Undermind

Encore:
Blaze On

Trey teased Crazy Train in Mr. Completely.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Totally love to callback to the 1999 Alpine Fluffhead jam with the 1999 > Fluffhead (JAMMED) > I Saw It Again section!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

I guess first sets are gonna be better than second sets this weekend  :sbw:
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

Brought the fam last night and we had a great time.  Such a good first set.  Sat at the top of the hill with a bunch of other families with kids.  The kids traded glowsticks and bubble wands and fun stuff like that. The sound was surprisingly good up there. Glad we were out of there after the first set and the rain really came down. Good times.  :phish:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Huh. Somehow I totally missed the 1999>fluff>saw it again reference. That's neat.

I kinda figured we were in for a heater after that opening trio but... that was pretty much the show highlight for me.

BOTT, Undermind and Blaze all rocked pretty hard. Felt like they were searching for something in Mr. Completely but didn't quite find it. Anyways... onward and upward...
Bring in the dude!

mbw

i was having fun commenting on nuances to my wife who thinks phish dorkery is funny, which it is, but when they started the am in fuffhead i commented on how i saw them jam fluffhead at alpine in 99 but didnt put the two together or the saw it again cause im dumb.

also, 1999 tease in taste.

rowjimmy

All the stuff about the first set said above it probably true.

I just wanted to add that the Number Line jams!

Also that Mr. Completely includes more Crazy Train than The Jauntee has ever played for me despite years of asking...