News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Custy-Up

Started by mistercharlie, August 14, 2022, 06:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Summer Tour 2022 Rolling Tray with magnetic lid is up on Drygoods right now.

https://drygoods.phish.com/product/PHAM1013/dragon-soot-tray-with-magnetic-lid?cp=773_111937

I Custy'd-up for it. I have the AC tray from last summer too, but it's pretty small. This one is 10.5"x6.5", a much better size for a rolling tray.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

time to custy up phanners
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

Do a portion of the proceeds go to the Divided Sky Foundation?  :samurai:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 15, 2022, 11:47:50 AMThe Commemorative PTBM's for Summer Tour '22 are up for sale on Drygoods now.

https://drygoods.phish.com/product/PHTXBUNSU22/summer-tour-2022-commemorative-tickets?cp=773_111937

$11 for a ticket to a show that already happened.  How much for a pdf print-it-yourself livenation ticket from a couple years ago

Superfreakie

Quote from: kellerb on August 15, 2022, 04:17:40 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 15, 2022, 11:47:50 AMThe Commemorative PTBM's for Summer Tour '22 are up for sale on Drygoods now.

https://drygoods.phish.com/product/PHTXBUNSU22/summer-tour-2022-commemorative-tickets?cp=773_111937

$11 for a ticket to a show that already happened.  How much for a pdf print-it-yourself livenation ticket from a couple years ago

Tree fiddy?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

Quote from: Superfreakie on August 15, 2022, 06:45:13 PM

Tree fiddy?

sad to say i custied up for the stubs, but it was my kids first show, so i threw in a freakin patch too.

emay

Grabbed a tray, meant to get it at one of the shows but never did. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: mbw on August 15, 2022, 08:53:03 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on August 15, 2022, 06:45:13 PM

Tree fiddy?

sad to say i custied up for the stubs, but it was my kids first show, so i threw in a freakin patch too.

That's a pro-dad move right there. Loved the pics and tale of the fam at Alpine. Awesome!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

It seems the online community is extremely divided over these stubs. Some, like me, are happy to still be able to get a PTBM stub for my shows. Some like the stubs but think they should be sold for cost of shipping to anyone who can prove they bought a ticket to the show. Some hate them and find it a 'cash-grab' and are calling Phish "money grubbing capitalists". 

I don't understand that last group. Phish isn't making people buy the stubs. If you want one, buy it, if not, then don't. I have a feeling that if the complainers get too loud that Phish may stop making these commemorative stubs available. 

antelope19

They may already have stopped. I ordered my Charleston stub on 06/02 and still don't have it.

I am obviously with MC and am happy to still have the opportunity to get a stub if I want it. Very thoughtful on their part, IMO.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mbw

Quote from: antelope19 on August 16, 2022, 09:43:18 AMThey may already have stopped. I ordered my Charleston stub on 06/02 and still don't have it.

I am obviously with MC and am happy to still have the opportunity to get a stub if I want it. Very thoughtful on their part, IMO.

probably waited to print them until after tour as spring and summer all connect.

Hicks

Thoughtful? It's thoughtful to charge $11 for something that was included at no extra charge last year?

You gotta be kidding me.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

I just have no connection to them cuz the only place I saw them were on the webcast home pages and these magnets. Never saw any of these designs at the actual shows (unless you went to get one at the merch booth) or ticket/mobile tickets so they just seem superfluous when they could just mail out tickets like msg. Now they're in a magnet and 11$ + shipping.
And people like to frame their stubs and posters, can't frame a magnet

mistercharlie

Quote from: emay on August 16, 2022, 12:30:51 PMI just have no connection to them cuz the only place I saw them were on the webcast home pages and these magnets. Never saw any of these designs at the actual shows (unless you went to get one at the merch booth) or ticket/mobile tickets so they just seem superfluous when they could just mail out tickets like msg. Now they're in a magnet and 11$ + shipping now.
And people like to frame their stubs and posters, can't frame a magnet
They have both the thick-ass magnets and the regular paper tickets.