News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022/09/03 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO

Started by GBL, September 04, 2022, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

PHISH, SATURDAY 09/03/2022
DICK'S
Commerce City, CO

I: Punch You in the Eye, Wolfman's Brother, Walls of the Cave, Heavy Rotation, Boogie On Reggae Woman > Stash > Free > Mike's Song > Bug

II: Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S. > Kill Devil Falls[1] > Sigma Oasis[1] > Thunderhead > The Moma Dance[1] > No Quarter > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Split Open and Melt

E: Fee[2] > Slave to the Traffic Light

[1] Unfinished.
[2] Trey on megaphone.

Trey teased There is a Mountain in Walls of the Cave and Sigma Oasis. Kill Devil Falls, Sigma Oasis, and Moma Dance were unfinished. Thunderhead was performed for the first time since December 1, 2003 (544 shows). Trey teased Thunderhead in Moma Dance. Fee featured Trey on megaphone.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

I thought the melt was FANTASTIC, I think a lot of people there just couldn't handle it, and Im not sure it'll transfer to tape, but I thought it was so good (haven't re-lisented)

the jam was like 100% dissonance, always on the edge, so melty but so unique

:wtu:

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

susep

Pretty cool sequence here:

Kill Devil Falls[1] > Sigma Oasis[1] > Thunderhead

Also Walls from set one is tasty although the vocals are different, no complaints as various versions of WOTC have been in high rotation in my itunes lately. 

WhatstheUse?

Some solid jams in both sets.  I can't think of the last WOTC that went type 2 or whasn't the set closer. Loved the Melt. Moma jam. 2001 micro-jam. Good stuff.

I think this may have been my favorite night of the run.
Bring in the dude!

GBL

that little jam in 2001 is 🔥

and that melt is still :wtu: for me

cactusfan

My favorite night of the run too. Had a blast out there in Colorado for my first Dick's. I went to this show wearing my Slave to the Traffic Light shirt. It always knows when a Slave is coming. And at set break I said to my friends, "You know what? This show--in fact, this entire weekend--won't make any sense at all unless the second set ends with Melt." So I definitely felt like I was on the band's wavelength for this show. Even if they did play Kill Devil, which for some reason really annoys me. Nice of them to jam it so well.

Listening to the Melt right now. It's nuts.