News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022/09/04 - Dick’s Sporting Goods Park - Commerce City, CO

Started by GBL, September 05, 2022, 04:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

PHISH, SUNDAY 09/04/2022
DICK'S
Commerce City, CO
Soundcheck: Jam

I: First Tube, Bathtub Gin, Undermind, Drift While You're Sleeping > Halley's Comet > Everything's Right, More > Fluffhead

II: Set Your Soul Free > Fuego > A Life Beyond The Dream, Crosseyed and Painless -> David Bowie, Loving Cup

E: Divided Sky, Icculus, Character Zero

Trey teased Mr. P.C. in David Bowie. Icculus was dedicated to "P. I." (Phish's stage manager Paul Ingwersen who was retiring that night). "P.I." was subsequently mentioned in Icculus. Trey referenced Icculus in Character Zero with "read the book!" quotes. The soundcheck's Jam was followed by In the Summertime and Right Place, Wrong Time quotes.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

emay

What a show. What a run. This show felt like it checked all the boxes. Working through the catalogue so smoothly during the first set and then bringing the familiar jam vehicles with a rare but blistering Bowie and then leaving us with the tour ending Loving Cup to fill us up once more.
End the 4 nights and summer with a Fatty encore, some are calling the DICZ encore, and an icculus. Haven't seen icculus since Charlotte 2011  :o Figured we were getting a Dsky at some point over the weekend but that's a good slot imo, nice not being in the first set for a change.
Glad ran into wtu pretty much everyday and got to chill with GBL. Finally met fastfingers too! Love y'all! Hopefully some fall/winter dates will pop up. It's been a fun summer.

Caravan2001

I thought this show was good.  Was on the struggle bus a bit as I had only slept from 5PM-6PM so basically played through from Saturday, which is not ideal.  But I thought it was great.  Despite a couple of flubs, the Fluffhead was pretty muscular. SYSF and Crosseyed were great and Bowie was one of the better 3.0 versions for sure. Should have kept the encore going with Kung Sabotage but I guess that's getting greedy.  Great weekend!

WhatstheUse?

Bowie was a strong highlight. There's a very short list of 'standout' bowies in 3.0 (so short that I can't actually think of any) but this Dick's version shall be remembered. For now....
Bring in the dude!