News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Billy Strings Tour

Started by PIE-GUY, December 06, 2022, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

It is time for this kid to have his own official thread on here since his spring tour is mostly in fucking arenas!!

HOLY SHIT!!

He announced cities for this tour a while back and there are two Austin dates. I was honestly not expecting two nights at the Moody Center. My first time in the place was for Roger Waters. 

Billy may be the first artist to sell out all three "Moody" venues. It's nuts! 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Saw him recently in Richmond (and again the next night sitting in with some jam band guitar dude you've probably never heard of) and dude is on fire. The fiddle player really rounds out the band.

Buffalo Budd

The hype is real and I feel his rise is well deserved given what I was hearing a few years back.
Got to love it when talent and hard work pay off.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

His Trey sit-in and a few shows with Billy and the Kids are all I've heard of him. I did dig those shows. Someone want to recommend a good show to get started on listening to him?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 06, 2022, 03:57:53 PMHis Trey sit-in and a few shows with Billy and the Kids are all I've heard of him. I did dig those shows. Someone want to recommend a good show to get started on listening to him?

Literally any show is good.
Try the Austin one (Stubbs?) from a month or so ago.

emay

He's been killing it and skyrocketing in popularity.
Just saw him at his buena vista, CO festival and then a week later at 1500 person venue in LA for his bday show. The sets are so good. On one of my most recent flights (i think SW?) they had a whole Billy Strings multi cam red rocks show to watch! Don't think seen something like that maybe a GD or Woodstock documentary offered. 
He's got some deep lyrics and solid shredding jams. his lyrics seem like he's lived a lot more lives for his young age.

Def going to catch a 1st bank and red rocks show in 2023.

mistercharlie

Hmm, he's playing a Saturday and Sunday show at my favorite downtown venue, The Lawn @ White River. I may have to check out a night. That place is a 10 minute drive and I get free parking because my wife's parking garage is right across the street.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Taped in late May 2019, this is the most viewed thing I've been involved with.

sls.stormyrider

saw that when you first posted it back then. Watched it again - nice!

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 06, 2022, 08:39:30 PMHmm, he's playing a Saturday and Sunday show at my favorite downtown venue, The Lawn @ White River. I may have to check out a night. That place is a 10 minute drive and I get free parking because my wife's parking garage is right across the street.

go. don't even think twice about it.
everything great you have heard about him and the band is true.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

RJ, I meant to say that I thought you had interviewed him at some point during Delfest.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

I have a ticket to one of the Charleston shows. Probably going to one of the St. Augustine shows.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment