News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2022-12-29 - MSG, New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by anthrax, December 30, 2022, 12:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

THURSDAY 12/29/2022
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: Fluffhead[1] -> Your Pet Cat > Bathtub Gin > Hey Stranger, Tube > Slave to the Traffic Light, Blaze On

SET 2: David Bowie, Everything's Right > You Enjoy Myself > Ruby Waves > Lonely Trip, Back on the Train > Character Zero

ENCORE: Guyute, Possum

[1] Unfinished

This show featured the Phish debut of Hey Stranger.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

another good one.  show started off pure fire with a jammed fluffhead.  great segue into pet cat.  i heard trey playing around with this one last night and you can hear it coming a mile away at the tail end of the fluff jam.  bathtub was nice too.

bowie left a bit to be desired.  maybe my expectations were too high after that first set.  everything's right and ruby waves both went great places.  lonely trip is cool.  the yem jam from this summer appears to be dead.  guyute was not good. possum was hilarious.  trey is bored.

what was the vibe in the room?  the crowd was very very quiet on the stream.  almost silence during lonely trip and the lack of cheering during the encore break was very noticeable.

Hicks

Very satisfying show, jammed Fluffhead, nice Gin and Bowie and my first YEM in over 8 years!   :pbjtime:  :pbjtime:  :pbjtime:

Stoked to do it again tonight!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.