News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish Summer Tour 2023

Started by khalpin, February 14, 2023, 02:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: GBL on February 17, 2023, 01:29:45 PMcheaper then mexico on a $/show ratio, by a lot

:tte:

True - but who can take a 9-day vacation in NYC? Ballers! 

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

what is everyone thinking for this MSG run?  i'm in for a week, so it's either the first 5 or the last 4.  i'm thinking the first 5 will be a bit more mellow in terms of crowd size/getting tickets.  but am i nuts for skipping the last 2 nights of a 7 night run?!

emay

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 17, 2023, 01:36:13 PM
Quote from: GBL on February 17, 2023, 01:29:45 PMcheaper then mexico on a $/show ratio, by a lot

:tte:

True - but who can take a 9-day vacation in NYC? Ballers!

I work all remote so I'd be down but first 2 nights don't work out with current beach family reunion trip.

I am trying to do 7/30-8/2 but can probably be convinced to stay the rest of the week if found somewhere to throw down.

GBL

I'm fittin to do the last two days at MSG and the last two days at Dicks
If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Not sure what I'll be able to hit this summer yet but...

... This Huntsville venue looks surprisingly awesome, 8k capacity

.. And this Wilmington venue looks like... it's going to be hard to see from the lawn.  Only 7,200 capacity though so that'll be fun.

Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Pretty sure TAB played that Wilmington venue recently.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Huntsville has a dope view of Top Golf.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

i didn't even consider alabama because it's july and it's alabama.  but your picture got me thinking.  it's the 2nd closest run to my house.  tuesday and wednesday means it'll be easy.  and there are walking distance hotels all over the place.  i think we're gonna go!  :beers:

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on February 20, 2023, 03:12:50 PMi didn't even consider alabama because it's july and it's alabama.  but your picture got me thinking.  it's the 2nd closest run to my house.  tuesday and wednesday means it'll be easy.  and there are walking distance hotels all over the place.  i think we're gonna go!  :beers:

I had the exact same response.  I did the AR/AL shows last summer and pretty much wrote off returning to those areas for Phish. But this Huntsville venue is looking pretty sweet... and is much closer to Alpharetta than Wilmington if you're trying to make a run of shows happen.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Don't forget to set your clocks back 50 years when you arrive in Alabama.

anthrax

Phish lottery emails have begun to appear.  I haven't ordered under this new all electronic ticket system.  I got the alabama email right away, but havent heard about MSG yet.  Do they roll through the tour in order of the dates?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on February 28, 2023, 03:43:32 PMPhish lottery emails have begun to appear.  I haven't ordered under this new all electronic ticket system.  I got the alabama email right away, but havent heard about MSG yet.  Do they roll through the tour in order of the dates?

yep - you'll get a separate email per show then one final email laying out what you did and did not get when the day is done.