News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey/Fish/Dezron Trio in Denver

Started by sunrisevt, April 04, 2023, 12:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

anthrax

A few years ago TAB was scheduled to play Chicago, and I believe Ray got sick.  They changed the shows to the classic TAB trio.  While it wasn't Fish on drums, it was extremely boring and disappointing.   

PIE-GUY

I saw that TAB Trio tour in New Orleans during jazzfest that year. I enjoyed the hell out of those shows. I think it was two nights. They stretched jams a ton and Trey brought in a bunch of new sounds to fill it out. I loved it. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Awesome!!! The Fishman TAB shows from last summer are my favorite TAB shows in years. Especially the SPAC show.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Personally, I think Fish is a pretty good drummer.

Maybe even slightly better than Russ.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

10 mins from the crib, fire!
& it's the three days following the red rocks king gizzard shows so now ppl speculating Trey will sit in one of those shows ha.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on April 04, 2023, 04:55:36 PMPersonally, I think Fish is a pretty good drummer.

I'd say a lot better, particularly in the "creative" dept. But who knows what Trey asks of Russ. I do like me some Russ.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

sunrisevt

Russ & Ray are playing as their duo Soule Monde in my town this Friday and I'm super pumped. Probably gonna need to call out of work Saturday.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 05, 2023, 09:00:51 AMRuss & Ray are playing as their duo Soule Monde in my town this Friday and I'm super pumped. Probably gonna need to call out of work Saturday.
I keep waiting for them to stroll through Indy, but they have not yet.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on April 04, 2023, 04:55:36 PMPersonally, I think Fish is a pretty good drummer.

Is this some kind of sick joke??

Is this gonna be just TAB songs  :-\ , or do we think this will be more of a jazz affair?

PIE-GUY

Songs will be tab and gotf and some phish I'm sure. Jams will be long. Some good some bad. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

During the covid attrition TAB tour in which Fish was called in, things got LOOSE and, imo, pretty good.

I would have moderate to high expectations here.

Hicks

Quote from: mbw on April 05, 2023, 01:50:59 PM

Is this gonna be just TAB songs  :-\ , or do we think this will be more of a jazz affair?

Strictly Charlie Parker/Miles Davis covers for this tour.

Fish won't actually be drumming and will be playing the horn charts on kazoo.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

GBL

Quote from: Hicks on April 05, 2023, 06:45:45 PM
Quote from: mbw on April 05, 2023, 01:50:59 PM

Strictly Charlie Parker/Miles Davis covers for this tour.

Fish won't actually be drumming and will be playing the horn charts on kazoo.

You cannot view this attachment.
If this is love, I'm never going home..