News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2023-07-11 - Orion Amphitheater, Huntsville, AL - Post-Show Discussion/Review

Started by anthrax, July 14, 2023, 01:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

TUESDAY 07/11/2023
ORION AMPHITHEATER
Huntsville, AL
SET 1: Blaze On, Martian Monster, The Moma Dance, Halley's Comet > 46 Days, Back on the Train, 555, You Enjoy Myself > Say It To Me S.A.N.T.O.S.

SET 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra[1] > Down with Disease[2] > Twist > Maze, Lonely Trip, Oblivion[3], Chalk Dust Torture

ENCORE: Meatstick > Makisupa Policeman, Fuck Your Face, Icculus, Character Zero

[1] Fish on Marimba Lumina in intro.
[2] Unfinished.
[3] Phish debut.

This show featured the Phish debut of Oblivion. The intro to Also Sprach Zarathustra featured Fish on Marimba Lumina. DWD was unfinished. Mike teased Moby Dick in Chalk Dust Torture.

anthrax

i can't say enough about how awesome this venue was.  it's only 1 year old and they've hosted panic shows, so they knew what to expect from phish.  they opened the lots nice and early and encouraged everyone to go there.  it never took more than 5 minutes to get in the venue or get a drink or go to the bathroom.  the sightlines were awesome.  we posted up dead center about half way between the end of the floor and the last row.  it was a beautiful spot with plenty of room.  it was a little more crowded the next night.

also, after the show, they turn part of the grounds into an outdoor party.  tons of late night food trucks, beers and various bars including a dj tent.  there was some crazy artwork to enjoy.  all inside before we even left the actual venue.

everyone we encountered in huntsville was super nice and appreciative of us being there.  we had a easy walk both night.  the gas station next to our hotel had a great selection of beer, booze, glass pipes, that synthetic weed stuff, and chips.  then when we asked a few questions, we were shown actual jars of weed for sale...in northern alabama!  next to the icculus, that was probably the biggest surprise of the weekend. 

while they aren't often the best shows of the tour, i love the vibe of tour openers.  musically, it completely exceeded my expectations.  would go back in a hearbeat!    

GBL

I don't know why, but I chuckled when I got to the ", and chips" line, like it was completely unexpected that the gas station had bags of doritos
If this is love, I'm never going home..

anthrax

The chip selection was way above and beyond normal gas station levels! 

anthrax

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on July 14, 2023, 06:30:05 PMThey had an entire rack of Takis!

You know it's a good selection when they have "rap snacks", the lil Boosie wavy are 🔥

You cannot view this attachment.
If this is love, I'm never going home..