News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Aliens

Started by WhatstheUse?, July 27, 2023, 09:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Is it just me, or is it wild that they are having meetings in congress to discuss aliens/'non-human biologics' found at alleged crash sites?!? Am I crazy or isn't this like... the biggest news, ever?

I'm generally in the Neil deGrasee Tyson camp (to paraphrase) "I'd love if we found aliens but if there's millions of cameras on earth... why haven't we seen any reliable evidence? ...And do we actually believe our government is capable of keeping such a thing secret."

Anyways, it's just fun to think about and wild that there's real government discussion happenning about it.

At the very least, there seem to be  unidentified objects of some sort that we don't understand the technology of. So... that's cool I guess.

What do y'all think?

Bring in the dude!

Hicks

They mostly come at night.

Mostly. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

I find it fascinating and a tad terrifying at the same time. I wish they would just show the evidence (other than film and photos) that they have. It just gives you that rotten feeling that world govts are setting us up for something.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mistercharlie

They had never seen a southern home... and they liked it! A little better than the UAP.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I think that just because congress is discussing it, it's not necessarily a real thing.

I also think the following about Aliens in general:
The universe is massive so, statistically, it's probable that there is life out there.
But as you consider the probability around life developing intelligence, civilization, and technology... the odds decrease. I mean, they'd have to make massive leaps beyond us (and I'm not so vain as think think that no one could) that would probably include something along the lines of fusion and breaking the light barrier in order to make faster than light travel possible.

Then, in this vast universe, that civilization would have to have the dumb luck to stumble across us.

Impossible? No.

Highly improbable? You bet your ass.

Plus, any aliens that did find us, if they could exist in our environment, would either be too enlightened and chill to even want to fuck with these maniacs on this planet, or they would scrape us off their boots as they took our resources.

emay

I feel vindicated to a degree that they admitted they exist or have some first hand accounts. The fact that he said they have alien biological matter is pretty crazy too. It's like an X files ep unfolding in front of our eyes except none of them were chain smoking cigs.

I thought the section about how that agent believes they use a concept like the 'holographic principle' to visit us was even more interesting than admitting we have seen UFOs. That's pretty much admitting there is a way to project your physical being into a parallel universe or timeline without actually going there. Obviously he knows a lot of classified stuff so how he got to that conclusion is probably pretty mind boggling.

Hicks

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 28, 2023, 11:07:22 AMI think that just because congress is discussing it, it's not necessarily a real thing.

The universe is massive so, statistically, it's probable that there is life out there.
But as you consider the probability around life developing intelligence, civilization, and technology... the odds decrease. I mean, they'd have to make massive leaps beyond us (and I'm not so vain as think think that no one could) that would probably include something along the lines of fusion and breaking the light barrier in order to make faster than light travel possible.

Then, in this vast universe, that civilization would have to have the dumb luck to stumble across us.

Impossible? No.

Plus, any aliens that did find us, if they could exist in our environment, would either be too enlightened and chill to even want to fuck with these maniacs on this planet, or they would scrape us off their boots as they took our resources.
You're leaving out a crucial detail though, the age of the universe/milky way.

At 13 billion years old, lifeforms much older than us could have easily traversed the galaxy, even at sub-light speed travel. 

When you consider there may have been extra terrestrials cruising around the galaxy for over 10 billion years, the likelihood of them finding us becomes more probable. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 28, 2023, 11:07:22 AMI think that just because congress is discussing it, it's not necessarily a real thing.

Impossible? No.

This... and...

Quote from: Hicks on July 28, 2023, 03:21:29 AMThey mostly come at night.

Mostly. 

That's what she said.
Sorry, had to be done.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VDB

I thought this thread was going to be about the sequel to Alien.
Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

I will hold my judgement until slim has weighed in.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Quote from: VDB on July 28, 2023, 07:12:03 PMI thought this thread was going to be about the sequel to Alien.

Mostly. 

mbw

Can't get 60 billion for Space Force without some alien scare.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mbw on July 29, 2023, 04:28:54 PMCan't get 60 billion for Space Force without some alien scare.

Preach.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Here's the thing - it's far more likely that alien life has existed at some time somewhere than it is likely that it exists now at this time somewhere. Billions of years and billions of areas of space. There is zero chance that we are the only sentient beings ever.... but there is also very little chance that we are the we will encounter any other sentient beings from other galaxies in our extremely brief time alive. That is how I see it. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Quote from: Hicks on July 29, 2023, 10:42:09 AM
Quote from: VDB on July 28, 2023, 07:12:03 PMI thought this thread was going to be about the sequel to Alien.

Mostly. 

:namaste emoji:
Is this still Wombat?