News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New Album - "So Below"

Started by rowjimmy, September 01, 2023, 12:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Gang, I have a new album coming out on October 6. Pre-Orders begin today, Sep. 1.

I think it's my best one yet and I hope you will too.

Here's the press release version of things:

Largely recorded in my home studio, affectionately named Shrunken Road Studios, where I also produce the Brokedown Podcast, this third effort contains nine songs both spanning and expanding the scope of my sound heretofore. 

From straight-ahead busker folk to fuzzed out breakup ballads to psychedelic spaces somewhere in between; the world opens up a bit wider on "So Below". The title comes from the alchemical principle that is often paraphrased, "As above, so below." But, "Below", is where we live, love, and die. "Below" is where we fight wars, drink coffee, and gaze out at rising rivers. "Below" is what we can hold in our hands, so the songs are about that realm.

Once again a few friends help out here and there including drummer Ryan Jewell (Ryley Walker, half of the recent albums in my collection), and returning collaborators Ben Taylor (Ben Taylor's Finest Hour, JC Brooks & Uptown Sound) and Scott Ferber (The Jauntee). Mixing and Mastering was performed once again by Rob Dobson. Otherwise, I play all of the guitars, bass, and random stringed instruments on the record.

"So Below" will be available on most streaming platforms as well as on Bandcamp. Also available, via Bandcamp, will be Compact Discs and a very limited edition, hand-numbered, lathe-cut LP.

Physical purchases will come with a special download of "Zones Below", a digital-only album featuring songs from the album "So Below" remixed by some friends:
James Toth (James & The Giants, Wooden Wand, One Eleven Heavy), J. Moss (Modern Folk Trio Band), Ben Taylor (Ben Taylor's Finest Hour, JC Brooks & Uptown Sound), Brian Mosley (Electric Catnip), Doug Kaplan (Mr. Doug Doug), & Francis Thornton III (Without Mirrors, Programmed Cell Death).

https://jmhart.bandcamp.com/album/so-below

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

jam>

With two awesome drummers too. Congrats!

mopper_smurf

I've heard the whole thing (thanks for the download RJ). Highly recommended! A review will be up soon.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 04, 2023, 02:51:13 PMI've heard the whole thing (thanks for the download RJ). Highly recommended! A review will be up soon.

:pbjtime:

rowjimmy

First single

Ryan Jewell on drums. IYKYK.

kellerb

Quote from: jam> on September 02, 2023, 12:34:54 PMWith two awesome drummers too. Congrats!

Why would any band need two drummers?

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Nice review, Hans. Makes me more excited to slap this thing on my turntable!

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Made a trailer for the album weeks ago... Then I forgot to post & share it.

So now I have: