News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

mondegreen, The Woodlands, Dover Delaware - August 2024!!!

Started by PIE-GUY, September 12, 2023, 11:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

So the fest is called....

MONDEGREEN

guess they gave up on the whole 'ball' schtick.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

Packages on sale Thursday
GA and RV passes Friday 11 AM EST

450 for GA
1525 for the full monde site which just seems closer? And nicer facilities?
Glen close is 750 a person
Nice they released the map right away

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

WhatstheUse?

Wait... am I crazy or are these prices insane?

Glen Close RV passes are $650 and then the RV parking pass is $1850? So that's $3,150 for two people?

eta: I guess the cheapest way to do it and camp would be $600?
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Inflation is a motherfucker.

From other persons so I didn't do this math:

QuoteGlen Close camping packages for two are up 65% since 2018 and GC single ticket add-ons are up 53%.

Also:

QuoteGA for curveball was $250, and car camping was $60 for Thursday entry.

WhatstheUse?

Wait... I'm wrong apparently... the tickets are included in the RV passes? I think?
Bring in the dude!

mbw

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on January 16, 2024, 02:31:13 PMphish is pricing me out from ever seeing them again
Ya gotta be a Trustifarian to follow Phish these days. I miss the days of selling grilled cheese and beer to make money for gas, 'other stuff', and a ticket.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

Bring that shit straight to my TV!  See you there, from my couch

mistercharlie

Quote from: anthrax on January 16, 2024, 03:20:20 PMBring that shit straight to my TV!  See you there, from my couch
Yeah, I find it funny that even a night of couch tour costs more than a ticket to a show used to. The times they are a changin'!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 16, 2024, 02:27:31 PMWait... I'm wrong apparently... the tickets are included in the RV passes? I think?
Yeah only for the glen close RV packages, they includes access to the glen close camping area and all 4 days of the festival so includes festival passes too.

It looks like there is RV GA - dry pass (500$) & RV GA - powered pass (800$) which looks like it does not include the festival pass

anthrax

antelope19

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 16, 2024, 02:02:49 PMWait... am I crazy or are these prices insane?

Glen Close RV passes are $650 and then the RV parking pass is $1850? So that's $3,150 for two people?

eta: I guess the cheapest way to do it and camp would be $600?

Camping in Delaware in mid-August does not sound ideal. Guaranteed temps will in the triple digits every day.  And yeah, $450 is nuts.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

PIE-GUY

It's also the first 4-day festival, so that accounts for some of the increase.

I'm not surprised by the pricing at all. Is it cheap? Nope. But it's about what I expected
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul