News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MSG NYE '23 12/28-12/31

Started by mistercharlie, September 19, 2023, 04:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

I kinda thought there would be some sort of 40th anniversary show(s) between the Fall tour and NYE. But this being announced makes the Anni show seem like a no-go, unless they 'Island Tour' it!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Looking forward to that "Unfortunately your ticket request was unable to be fulfilled" e-mail in a week or so.

anthrax

if you caught covid at the 7 show run, i heard you get a special presale code for the new year run!

PIE-GUY

Sadly, I am out this year. See everyone in Dover! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 19, 2023, 04:48:33 PMI kinda thought there would be some sort of 40th anniversary show(s) between the Fall tour and NYE. But this being announced makes the Anni show seem like a no-go, unless they 'Island Tour' it!
Yeah thought there were gonna be some early Dec dates. Looks like I'll be at 12/28-29

birdman

Was hoping for a northeastern fall run but this'll do. I'm in for 30-31 for sure
Paug FTMFW!

WhatstheUse?

Hmmmm, I guess I didn't even consider that this announcement probably makes an anniversary run unlikely. Bummer. Hampton would have been sick...

Regardless, I'll be in NYC. Let's go! I
Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

Yeah, I have been telling my wife for over a year that I needed to hit the 40th anni run but that is now off the table I'm thinking.
While I get the ease of MSG shows for the boys and crew, it gets a little old when your favourite band plays one venue 10+ times a year.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

One man's "getting old" is another man's "feels like home."

Also, only in nyc do they have access to the broadway dancers needed to pull off their 3.0 gags. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

IMO MSG is indeed the best place to see phish.  This is probably a rather unpopular opunion but I'd take a 7 night MSG run over a festival any year.

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 20, 2023, 07:48:41 AMOne man's "getting old" is another man's "feels like home."

Also, only in nyc do they have access to the broadway dancers needed to pull off their 3.0 gags.
Vegas could probably swing some less talented dancers for NYE.

rowjimmy

Not surprising announcement is not surprising.

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on September 20, 2023, 12:10:26 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 20, 2023, 07:48:41 AMOne man's "getting old" is another man's "feels like home."

Vegas could probably swing some less very talented "dancers" for NYE.

GBL

Quote from: anthrax on September 20, 2023, 07:52:25 AMIMO MSG is indeed the best place to see phish.  This is probably a rather unpopular opunion but I'd take a 7 night MSG run over a festival any year.

you had me at the beginning 100%, but then you lost me
If this is love, I'm never going home..