News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

December MSG 3.0 Recs?

Started by anthrax, December 23, 2023, 09:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

I rarely listen to 3.0 shows.  Got home last night and was in the mood to put on a "recent" new years run show, and I didn't know what to choose.

Please post your favorite songs, sets, and full shows from any new years run at MSG within the last 10 years.

Thanks!

birdman

These are my two favorite 3.0 MSG sets:

12/29/18
SET 2: Carini -> Tweezer > Death Don't Hurt Very Long -> Tweezer > No Quarter > Also Sprach Zarathustra > First Tube

12/30/19
SET 2: Tweezer, Ruby Waves > Steam > Tweezer > Ruby Waves > Slave to the Traffic Light

Both of these tweezers are phenomenal
Paug FTMFW!

GBL

These are my favorites

12/30/2022
SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land, Golden Age, Sand > If I Could, I Always Wanted It This Way

12/31/2021 😎
SET 2: Sigma Oasis > Down with Disease[2] > Miss You, You Enjoy Myself > Frankie Says > Mercury > Possum, A Life Beyond The Dream

12/31/2013
SET 2: Glide, Llama, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, Fuck Your Face, Reba, Icculus, The Lizards, Split Open and Melt
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Hicks

12/30/22 whole show is money:

SET 1: Down with Disease > The Moma Dance, Pebbles and Marbles, Theme From the Bottom > Reba, The Howling > Foam > Run Like an Antelope

SET 2: No Men In No Man's Land, Golden Age, Sand > If I Could, I Always Wanted It This Way

ENCORE: Chalk Dust Torture
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

I'm going way back... When's the last time you listened to the BOTT from Miami '09 (contender for best version ever along with Fukuoka & 2/28/03, IMO) or the 2010 Ghost (hose!)

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 24, 2023, 09:26:41 PMI'm going way back... When's the last time you listened to the BOTT from Miami '09 (contender for best version ever along with Fukuoka & 2/28/03, IMO) or the 2010 Ghost (hose!)

Decidedly not an MSG show, tho.

Caravan2001

I really dug this show.  First set is killer.

PHISH, SUNDAY 12/30/2018
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Mike's Song > Glide II > Weekapaug Groove -> Crosseyed and Painless > Bliss[1], Billy Breathes, No Men In No Man's Land > Tube > Weekapaug Groove[2] > Tube > More

SET 2: Cool Amber and Mercury, Everything's Right > Plasma > Light > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Split Open and Melt

ENCORE: Funky Bitch, Wilson > Rocky Top > Cavern

Caravan2001

For a quick blast, don't sleep on the NYE 2010 After Midnight.  Probably greatest version next to Cypress. Smoker.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 26, 2023, 12:17:30 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 24, 2023, 09:26:41 PMI'm going way back... When's the last time you listened to the BOTT from Miami '09 (contender for best version ever along with Fukuoka & 2/28/03, IMO) or the 2010 Ghost (hose!)

Doh!
Bring in the dude!

cactusfan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 27, 2023, 06:41:33 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 26, 2023, 12:17:30 PM

Doh!

Yet this version is so hot, it's as though it was played at MSG. And thus counts.

VDB

Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 27, 2023, 01:20:32 PMI really dug this show.  First set is killer.

PHISH, SUNDAY 12/30/2018
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY
SET 1: Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Mike's Song > Glide II > Weekapaug Groove -> Crosseyed and Painless > Bliss[1], Billy Breathes, No Men In No Man's Land > Tube > Weekapaug Groove[2] > Tube > More

SET 2: Cool Amber and Mercury, Everything's Right > Plasma > Light > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Split Open and Melt

A favorite show I've attended. The Cool Amber is so cool. The E Right is so right. Plasma, great. After years of hating, I feel like I "got" Velvet Sea. (I am back to hating btw.)

From 12/28/12, the Tweezer is outstanding and the Wolfman's (with Little Drummer Boy jam) is excellent.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Quote from: VDB on January 05, 2024, 05:55:54 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on December 27, 2023, 01:20:32 PMI really dug this show.  First set is killer.

PHISH, SUNDAY 12/30/2018
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY

A favorite show I've attended. The Cool Amber is so cool. The E Right is so right. Plasma, great. After years of hating, I feel like I "got" Velvet Sea. (I am back to hating btw.)

From 12/28/12, the Tweezer is outstanding and the Wolfman's (with Little Drummer Boy jam) is excellent.

Just reading this again and remembering that I spent the encore on the back of the floor with Will  :( . RIP