News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ski Hill Options in New England

Started by Buffalo Budd, December 27, 2023, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Alright team, coming to the experts for this one. Our fam is looking at getting the best bang for our buck (Canadian $ being what it is) at a ski hill or hills in the NE area. It would be over the March break period (Mar 3-9). Open to whatever accommodations are reasonably priced. 13 and 9 year old in tow so not looking for a party so no need for a huge village, party vibe, etc. It's been 25 years since I've explored this area so I'm sure plenty has changed but we're a little tired of always hitting Quebec so looking for something new.
And go!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

How about Burke? Bonus is that you could visit Hill Farmstead and pick up the best beer in the world while you're in the area.

We have Epic passes, so we get our "value" by skiing at those mountains exclusively, but my wife and I tonight were talking about how expensive it is for day passes anywhere...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

birdman

JAY PEAK is your best bet. Affordable lodging, relatively cheap tickets, they take Canadian money, best snow east of the Mississippi. They have an indoor water park for the kids as a bonus
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on December 28, 2023, 08:33:38 PMJAY PEAK is your best bet. Affordable lodging, relatively cheap tickets, they take Canadian money, best snow east of the Mississippi. They have an indoor water park for the kids as a bonus

That's actually the way we were leaning. It's a hike to get there but they do Canadian dollar at par.
We also may have a lead on some free space at Sugarloaf with friends who have their kids in the race progam there. If that pans out, it's a no brainer.
Thanks boys, much appreciated!
Kids were out for the first day of training here at the home hill so we do have 'snow'.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

If you do Jay, it's not that far from the aforementioned Hill Farmstead. I swear I'm not on their payroll...I just think if you're in that area and you like beer, you have to go to mecca.  :beerbang:

Also in that area of the world is sunrisevt, which is nice.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

sunrisevt

Quote from: pcr3 on December 29, 2023, 12:47:07 AMIf you do Jay, it's not that far from the aforementioned Hill Farmstead. I swear I'm not on their payroll...I just think if you're in that area and you like beer, you have to go to mecca.  :beerbang:

Also in that area of the world is sunrisevt, which is nice.

... as if you ever call when you come thru. 😘

(And Jay is like a solid 2 hours+ from my place.)
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

Jay and Sugarloaf are probably my two favorite East Coast hills. Can't go wrong with either. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

I've got the ikon pass this winter. If you head to sugarloaf let me know. I'd head up there for a day or two
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

Sugarloaf is definitely a favorite. The one time I was at Jay it rained so can't really comment on it.  If you are thinking Maine, I would check out Sunday River.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

So our daughter made Canams for U14 and it is being held at Sugarloaf this year so we are heading there from March 27-31.  :beers:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 29, 2024, 02:08:40 PMSo our daughter made Canams for U14 and it is being held at Sugarloaf this year so we are heading there from March 27-31.  :beers:
I'm a Loafah since 85! 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 29, 2024, 08:29:17 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 29, 2024, 02:08:40 PMSo our daughter made Canams for U14 and it is being held at Sugarloaf this year so we are heading there from March 27-31.  :beers:
I'm a Loafah since 85!

My first time was 88.  :beers:

Caravan2001

I would vote for Jay, the glades are so fun.  As long as you can put up with the cold, but you're Canadian so that's probably not even a consideration right?  Not a lot of town or ski village vibe but sometimes that's better.  The terrain is great and snow is usually the best in VT. I love Stowe but its cost prohibitive. VT is so expensive for skiing.  Also like the Burke rec.  If you go to any of the "name" mountains you're taking out a loan to pay for it. In Maine, I love Sunday River and in NH, Loon and Cannon are both worth a visit. But Jay would be top of my list.  We're getting slammed out here.  Heading out at 6AM for a Friday pow day.

birdman

that's great to hear. Sugarloaf is solid. I'm currently in the Canadian Rockies, snows been flying all week.  Caught up with Bailey in Banff last night, he gave me the local bar tour. It was a rough morning to say the least.
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on February 29, 2024, 11:42:18 PM
that's great to hear. Sugarloaf is solid. I'm currently in the Canadian Rockies, snows been flying all week.  Caught up with Bailey in Banff last night, he gave me the local bar tour. It was a rough morning to say the least.

I heard Revy is getting dumped on, total bucketlist hill. Excited to hear how it was.
And yes, I've gotten myself in my share of trouble in Banff.  :sbw:
Stoked you guys linked up.