News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New LivePhish releases: Sacramento 96 and. . .

Started by Hicks, January 09, 2024, 01:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

So 11/30/96 from Arco Arena Sacramento, CA is dropping on Friday. Super stoked on this release as it was my second show and was absolutely killer and featured some rarities I have yet to see again like All Things Reconsidered, La Grange and Brother. Kevin also confirmed it is a multitrack release. 

However, the even bigger news is that both Philly 97 shows are finally going to be released as a six CD box set. Woo hoo!!! Check it out dudes:

https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-97-Live-December-1997/dp/B0CRHYF7FK/ref=sr_1_4?qid=1704823758&refinements=p_32%3APhish&s=music&sr=1-4

All new 6-CD Box Set from Phish. The Spectrum '97 is a two-show complete audio box set recorded live 12/2/97 + 12/3/97 at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, PA – a legendary sports and music arena that hosted Phish nine times between December 1995 and November 2003. Capturing the band at this classic venue during their Fall Tour '97 apex, The Spectrum '97 celebrates a standout two-night run across 33 songs, and features a Soundcheck Bonus. The classic run of shows are mixed from the band's multitracks and mastered. Recorded live by Paul Languedoc, mixed from multitrack by Jon Altschiller, and mastered by Fred Kevorkian.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Nice! Those Philly shows are all timers. That Mike's groove is especially wild.
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

Philly '97 out of nowhere. Love it.

Pumped for this '96 release too
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

pcr3

Those two nights in Philly were all I saw in 97.  Pretty pumped about this news!

While the Mike's Groove from the first night was incredible, the second night is my favorite of the two.  With the exception of My Soul (my first time live, and I thought it was just a boring blues tune at the time), everything was awesome.  I even enjoyed the Fuckerpants, if for no other reason but the fact that I started noticing that I only seemed to see it at shows that were rippers.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Great news on both of these releases.  Between these, the 10/29/94 and 12/2/95 releases I have nothing to complain about. 

mistercharlie

WOO-GODDAMN-HOO!!! Love me some crispy '97 releases!  O0  :pbjtime:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

anthrax

there is a lot of fall '96 i have never heard, but i had a great sounding copy of this arco arena show on cdr in the late 90s that got a lot of play.  it's been awhile, so i'm excited to revisit it.  thanks for the fall 97 news.  this is fantastic! 

cactusfan

Sweet! Mildly excited for the '96, which I'd heard about, VERY pumped for the '97s, which I hadn't.

mistercharlie

I just noticed a "Funky Bitch Soundcheck" on disc 3 of the Spectrum release... '97 soundtracks get wierd, and I love it! Can't wait to hear this one.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

A great one, two punch of releases.  12/3/97 in particular has long been a favorite.  Killer Bowie, and the post Possum jam might be some of the dankest funk Phish played on that tour.  A+!       

PIE-GUY

Don't feel like starting a new thread... so...

https://www.amazon.com/Spectrum-97-Live-December-1997/dp/B0CRHYF7FK/

"All new 6-CD Box Set from Phish. The Spectrum '97 is a two-show complete audio box set recorded live 12/2/97 + 12/3/97 at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, PA – a legendary sports and music arena that hosted Phish nine times between December 1995 and November 2003. Capturing the band at this classic venue during their Fall Tour '97 apex, The Spectrum '97 celebrates a standout two-night run across 33 songs, and features a Soundcheck Bonus. The classic run of shows are mixed from the band's multitracks and mastered. Recorded live by Paul Languedoc, mixed from multitrack by Jon Altschiller, and mastered by Fred Kevorkian."

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

khalpin

Pie-Guy reads thread titles and not posts  :hereyougoyousentimentalbastar

mistercharlie