News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Eclipse

Started by khalpin, April 05, 2024, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

So I was originally planning on going to the Rochester or the Buffalo area and staying with relatives on my wife's side, but the forecast is looking like it'll be mostly cloudy there.  Now I'm thinking of just waking up early Monday and heading to Plattsburgh to relive the Clifford Ball and catch the eclipse there.

The bigger question is why isn't Phish playing an outdoor show in Vermont on Monday afternoon?  Talk about a Harpua waiting to happen!!!!

mistercharlie

All I know is my house falls in the exact center of one of the 4 minutes and 37 seconds circles in Indy! I already told work that I'd be outside if they wanted me, but I wouldn't come if they called anyway.  O0

Pretty cool that I'll be able to sit on my back deck and watch the whole thing. I just wish our governor had closed the State Library so the wife would be home with me. He closed the Public libraries, but not the State Library.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

The forecast looks good up here for Monday, we'll drive a few hours North to catch totality.   O0   

Bobafett

We came to a family lake house in northeast Arkansas.  Hoping for clear skies.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

I'll be on a work zoom call.

Guess I'll have to live until the next one.

PIE-GUY

I am in the path of totality. Should be amazing if the cloud cover gives way... let's see... nope... zero-point-zero chance of that! 

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Nice sunny clear day here but not really in the path. I'll try to take a look. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 08, 2024, 11:33:47 AMI am in the path of totality. Should be amazing if the cloud cover gives way... let's see... nope... zero-point-zero chance of that!

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Yeah, I just got off a call with my San Antonio hotel and they said the same thing. Sucks for you folks. We have 99% clear skies in Indy today! I've got a bowl of Moon Rocks packed-up to partake during the event!  O0
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

emay

rowjimmy

There will be blood

mistercharlie

I know they say using you phone to take pics of the eclipse can damage it, so I'm using the wife's old phone and noticed a strange phenomenon!

The sun is partially eclipsed already. The pics don't look like it, but there is a smaller, reversed, sun beneath that does show the eclipse.

mistercharlie

This guy just had his life changed!

Caravan2001

was pretty cloudy in Portland but it w ashlar enough for a few minutes to see it.  We only had about 25% coverage but it was still cool.  We had one 3-4 months ago that was really good though.

sunrisevt

I drove up into the mountains to get fully in to the zone of totality (98% or so at my house). Birds and cars were quiet for about five minutes.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Buffalo Budd

We had 99.8% totality for a few minutes. Pretty cool as the darkness set in but when the light started coming back up and the birds started chirping like it was morning, it felt like I was coming off a bender.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.