News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Project XX Questions

Started by patton1138, February 12, 2006, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patton1138

It appears that the next Project will be the 80's, correct?  Certainly looking forward to it!

But I have a question regarding how past projects are treated once completed.  Having only recently gotten into Phish bt'ing, I've obviously completely missed out on all the past projects.  Are they re-seeded in any systematic manner or just as they are ISO'd?  I ask because I'm looking to find out if I should just pick up past projects' shows as they re-appear or whether there is a schedule for them to be re-seeded the in the same complete/systematic method they originally were.  And, of course, I certainly don't want to put in a re-seed request for 'every show except X, Y, and Z'  :-D

That all make sense?

jedifunk

sure does.... but in reality we have no idea whats gonna happen next.  project 2000 is actually on its 2nd time around.  and i know peeps like crazyed are getting ready to offer entire HD b&p's, so that might another way for you to get an entire tour.  i think vaslim or rowjimmy had mentioned doing entire tour trades as well.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

I'm starting to assemble everything from 95 - Coventry, excluding Europe on DVDrs - I've already got all of TAB '02 as well as Summer and Fall 2000 archived that way.

DoW

it depends what your goal is.  if it is to archive every Phish show, then I suggest keeping up to date with every current Project now (2000 & 80's to start soon).
once Project 2000 is done, there will probably be some suggestions on re-torrenting another year.

I missed out on  alot of the earlier Projects, but was able to get 93, 94, 96 & 97.  I've completed 95 through other means.  I'm in the process of completing 90-92.  probably be a few weeks, but they will get done eventually.  I lost a lot of my 99's in a hard drive crash so once I get the earlier years done, I will go back and fill my holes in 98 & 99 and by then Project 2000 should be done.

When it is all done, I will be lookign to help spread all the shows.  I will probably be offering up hard drive B&P's.  I don't think that will be too successful though since I would find it hard to believe someone would send a hard drive in the mail to a stranger.  once I have all my shows in order and burned to DVD's in that order, I will probably be giving away my old DVD's that just seem to be pretty random.

there's also other sites out there that can help too.  I use shnshare to fill my holes.  it takes  alot longer than BT, but the shows are always there.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

August

it looks like the shnfamily has started up their project everyshow on etree.
is this supposed to be part of that project, or something
seperate of that?
a

DoW

the shnfamily project is Project 80's.
the comment in reference to attemptiong to seed every show in circulation refers to what has been done in the past.
Projects 94-00 had been done through week4paug.net.  shnfamily has already done 90-93.
now project 80's is what is left.

August

i was just wondering if this "project xx" is what is going on
wit the shnfam.
usually shnfam does their own thing while week4paug runs
a proj or two or three completely independent of the shnfam.

marmar usually heads up those projects on the shnfam side,
so i was just wondering if, since proj 94 has wrapped up,
will their be another one starting( aside from 2000 and the shnfam's)?

confusing peeps since the late 70's-
a

DoW

Project 80's is all that is on tap for now.
we'll see what happens when that is done.

as for Project xx, I think that was just a new guy wondering how our random minds work on this site going from finishing 94 to starting 2000.  soon he/she will learn that we are all just crazy and like to listent o random music at different times.

I'll be busy with Project 80's for a while and also helping on Project 2000.  I'm more than willing to help out on future projects on this site.

August

i was just wondering...

i am still finishing torrents from december of 94
have about ten more shows lined up to download

and still need more!
thanks for the clarification
a

patton1138

Right, by 'XX', I just meant that as variables, standing for 'Project 94', 'Project 2000', etc.  Sorry for the confusion!

CRAZYED

I have everything from 94-97 on harddrives/dvd-rs.  Infact I just finished burning everything up for 94.  I will doing whole tour or year torrents, but i'm probably 6 months or so off.

-Everything is renamed to etree standards.
-Converted to flac compression level 8
-Complete ID tags (song / venue / track # / source - everything)
-Whole years as well as dvd-r volumes are md5 verified.

Next up i'm going to try and knock out 98-99-00, most of which I have, I just need to organize.  I'm hoping project "80's" will fill in everything else as I have all of 93 that circulates and most of 91-92.  End of the year I should be done.  If you are a serious phish collector / archivist, please get in touch, I will need help seeding this monster.  This is the real deal, project everyshow.

http://crazyed.org/phish/

BTW I am missing just a handful of miscellaneous tracks from 97, if you can help me out please see my thread in the ISO forum.

August

all we need after this is an ipod like device that supports
shn and flac.
i think the 640 gb (in neon yellow) can hold half of the phish catalog.
obviously, the other 640 gb would be the clear model.

in all seriousness, portable external HD's(like these) shouldnt be too far off....
donchathink?
a

jedifunk

they already have 500GB drives, so all that would be needed is an enclosure.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

i would definitely throw down for a couple of those.

i doesnt even need to be super slick like an ipod.
my mp3 player is a 40gb creative jukebox zen.
it is straight up, no-frills but has been reliable.

looking over at my rack of phish shows and binders
upon binders of discs, i really do hope something
would come along soon.
a

DoW

crazyed,
I'd be all over helping seed that torrent.  I just don't think it would be very successful.  A lot of people just don't have hundreeds of gigs of hard drive space.  it may be nice to try and break out a smaller tour and see how successful it is.
Another issue with co-seeders is assuming everyone has all the same sources.  Right now my main goal is every show, not necessarily every source.
I need to do some serious organizing.  I have about 50 gigs left qued up that will hopefully finish off 90-92.  I am set on the 80's.  Pretty sure I have all of 93 (just need to get it on one drive).  I have 94, 95, 96.  Should be done with 97.  Have some minor holes with 98-00 that shouldn't take long.
Mt goal is to be sharing every show in circulation on shnshare at once.  There is already someone doing that now.