News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 27, 2011, 01:26:20 PM
Quote from: UncleEbinezer on August 27, 2011, 10:02:19 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 27, 2011, 09:47:36 AM
Waiting thing out and annoyed the CNN and TWC don't seem to give a shit about Virginia.

I'd wait until afternoon.  Things went downhill within the last hour here.  Not bad, but considerably more wind and rain.  As the eye moves up, the reporters will move up.

I switched to the local stuff.

Just watched a TWC report live from VABeach and there were tons of cars out and about and people running behind the reported. One dropped trou on camera and bare assed across the shot on live tv.

way to stay classy VA beach.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Weather-related. Serious wildfires throughout Central Texas right now.  I know at least half a dozen families that have been evacuated from their homes in the last couple of hours. Scary shit.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/09/04/texas.fires/
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

this pic is less than an hour East of Austin:

kellerb

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 04, 2011, 09:38:06 PM

That's how I feel every time I drive home to my parent's house.

cleech74

That pic is crazy!  Be safe, PG!
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 04, 2011, 09:38:06 PM

If i believed in god I'd say that looks a lot like the wrath of one.
Shit is scary impressive.

If this is what happens when Rick Perry prays for your state, may he never pray for mine.

natronzero

Video from Steiner Ranch, in far west Austin.

and another pic from Bastrop

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

PIE-GUY

mopper_smurf

Great pix.

We're having the worst Summer since 1906. Rain, rain, rain and more fucking rain. Did I mention it rains an awful lot over here? Well, it does.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 06, 2011, 07:16:34 AM
Great pix.

We're having the worst Summer since 1906. Rain, rain, rain and more fucking rain. Did I mention it rains an awful lot over here? Well, it does.

Rain? Never hoyd of it.

kellerb

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 04, 2011, 09:36:10 PM
Weather-related. Serious wildfires throughout Central Texas right now.  I know at least half a dozen families that have been evacuated from their homes in the last couple of hours. Scary shit.

Wow, been away from a computer for a few days. Stay safe buddy!

Gundo

Quote from: goodabouthood on September 06, 2011, 10:35:03 AM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 04, 2011, 09:36:10 PM

Wow, been away from a computer for a few days. Stay safe buddy!
Just got back from Denver. Cannot believe how many homes this thing has destroyed so far.

cleech74

Wish I could send some of this water to all the folks I know in Texas, especially the Austin area.  This is the historic town I work in, and the flooding that occurred, today.

"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

gah

What the hell? Was that just from a rain storm? Didnd't know you worked in ellicott city, I've driven thrut here, and was looking for work in that area when I first graduated and was living up in MD. Cool lil  historic town.