News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Scary shit- subways flooded, parts of the coast destroyed and under water.

We lost phone/ cable/ net but still have powers  pretty damn lucky so far.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

nab

Good luck guys.  Stay safe, hope everything goes well for everyone.

rowjimmy

Dodged the worst of it down here. Just a lotta rain and some leaking in the last part of the roof that hasn't been replaced...

Check this shit out:

runawayjimbo

Sounds like chaos in NYC. Scary shit.

NYU hospital has to be evacuated after backup generator fails

Video of two explosions at the Con-Ed power plant which turned the lights out in lower Manhattan and Brooklyn. The first one is big, but the second (~3 mins) is just insane.

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

ytowndan

Scary stuff.  I hope all of our east coast paugers (and their families) are safe. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

emay

My friend that lives in OBX sent me this pic this morning. Said he went outside to see the damage and saw this guy swimming around next to his porch  :-o

nab

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 30, 2012, 08:21:19 AM
My friend that lives in OBX sent me this pic this morning. Said he went outside to see the damage and saw this guy swimming around next to his porch  :-o

Wow!

Excuse my ignorance; flying out of Montana is expensive, so I never do it.  Where is OBX?

Edit:  The wind map is pretty crazy this morning as well:  http://hint.fm/wind/index.html

phil

Quote from: nab on October 30, 2012, 09:00:07 AM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 30, 2012, 08:21:19 AM

Wow!

Excuse my ignorance; flying out of Montana is expensive, so I never do it.  Where is OBX?

Edit:  The wind map is pretty crazy this morning as well:  http://hint.fm/wind/index.html

that pic is nuts, OBX means the Outer Banks in NC
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Augustus

Wife, pup, home and I are safe.
Still haven't heard from my brother and my mother went to a local shelter.
Serious property damage to all surrounding areas.
Most friends in southern LI have at 2-3 feet of water in their basements and ground levels.
Just really fucked up shit.

No power/heat and now they are declaring most water sources unsafe.

Plenty of house fires where FDs couldn't access.

rowjimmy

That picture, a fake, has been circulating since yesterday am as either a Brooklyn or New Jersey shark sighting...

So, yeah...

gah

Quote from: Augustus on October 30, 2012, 09:31:41 AM
Wife, pup, home and I are safe.
Still haven't heard from my brother and my mother went to a local shelter.
Serious property damage to all surrounding areas.
Most friends in southern LI have at 2-3 feet of water in their basements and ground levels.
Just really fucked up shit.

No power/heat and now they are declaring most water sources unsafe.

Plenty of house fires where FDs couldn't access.

Glad you guys made it ok. Hopefully you hear from the family soon.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Buffalo Budd

Glad to hear you guys are ok Aug, sorry about your mom and we'll definitely send vibes your way for your bro.  Hope all will be ok.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Glad you guys stayed safe. Here hoping that things aren't too bad for your ma and bro.

We basically just had a bad rainstorm down here. Still raining but the worst in VA was definitely elsewhere.
My folks lost power last night and are freezing and might be heading to my brother's to warm up. They come to my house but I haven't bothered to turn the heat on.

That's what sweaters are for.

PIE-GUY

Seems like everyone I know made it out ok... One of my mom's old friends from Jersey had a tree fall through their roof into their master bedroom... that sucks... but everyone is safe and such.

I was supposed to fly to Boston this morning. The flight did not end up being cancelled, but I decided not to go. The wife is happy with my decision. The boss seems ambivalent, so I win!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul