News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 13, 2013, 09:35:31 AM
crazyyy thunderstorm started up when I was driving to work. Suppose to get worse throughout the day, lots of streets flooded fast.

You guys ok up there? There were reports of nickel-sized hail up there this morning!

Derecho'd
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

Quote from: antelope19 on June 13, 2013, 09:47:50 AM
crazyyy thunderstorm started up when I was driving to work. Suppose to get worse throughout the day, lots of streets flooded fast.

You guys ok up there? There were reports of nickel-sized hail up there this morning!

Derecho'd

Yeah it started to hail right when I got to the office.

Were about 5 min from BWI and they issued a code red at 4 o clock for our area, so we had to go into the basement and stay away from windows. Just got back to my desk. Two tornadoes touched down around 405 they said, one near Olney and the other in Laurel said it was 50 mph heading east. :-o gonna make a run for it to get home before something else comes through.

emay

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on June 13, 2013, 04:37:17 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on June 13, 2013, 09:47:50 AM

Derecho'd

Yeah it started to hail right when I got to the office.

Were about 5 min from BWI and they issued a code red at 4 o clock for our area, so we had to go into the basement and stay away from windows. Just got back to my desk. Two tornadoes touched down around 405 they said, one near Olney and the other in Laurel said it was 50 mph heading east. :-o gonna make a run for it to get home before something else comes through.

Be safe!

mbw

i was psyched to get derecho'd yesterday, as they hyped it all day.
barely drizzl'd.

rowjimmy

I managed to dodge it all.
This morning I was in the office long before the first wave.
Just some heavy rain for a few minutes.
Split DC before the afternoon storms hit. I was on a train racing out of town as it came in.
Tornado warnings here at home passed without significant event and just a light rain when I got off the train.

Oh well.

Buffalo Budd

My sister got hit a couple of days ago in Edmonton with tornado warnings.
They were bunkered down in their basement for an hr or so. 
It's a rarity to have twisters out there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

I think I lived in NC last time a tornado came from MD, and that was like 3-4 years ago.
Rare that we got 3 touched down so far this summer.

antelope19

As crazy as the weather has been the last few days, it was REALLY nice to sleep with the windows open last night.  It is mid-June after all. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on June 14, 2013, 09:42:14 AM
As crazy as the weather has been the last few days, it was REALLY nice to sleep with the windows open last night.  It is mid-June after all. 

It is fucking beautiful right now.
Windows open with a lovely breeze.

Buffalo Budd

I've been sleeping with the windows open since the middle of May and I live a little North of you folks.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mbw on June 13, 2013, 04:51:52 PM
i was psyched to get derecho'd yesterday, as they hyped it all day.
barely drizzl'd.

Same here.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 14, 2013, 12:20:43 PM

I've been sleeping with the windows open since the middle of May and I live a little North of you folks.

I've been sleeping with them open since Spring.
I think 'Lope has been using his AC...

We only just put the window units in a couple weeks ago and I still have only slept with mine on in my bedroom a couple times. It's just about time to put the big one in downstairs.

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 14, 2013, 01:15:51 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 14, 2013, 12:20:43 PM

I've been sleeping with them open since Spring.
I think 'Lope has been using his AC...

We only just put the window units in a couple weeks ago and I still have only slept with mine on in my bedroom a couple times. It's just about time to put the big one in downstairs.

If it were only up to me, The AC would've only been used a few times so far this year.  Clearly, it's not up to me.   :-)

emay