News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Quote from: slslbs on January 06, 2014, 06:36:54 PM
according to ABC news, the antifreeze spray at Chicago O'Hare is -

you guessed it

frozen

i totally believe that.

the stereo i have in my garage isn't working.  my storm doors barely close because the hinges are frozen.  my car sounded like it wanted to kill me when i tried to start it.  even the snow is frozen.  this is nuts.   

rowjimmy

My phone tells me the wind chill in Chicago is -35.

Fuck that.

Nothing quite like that here but they've closed the schools as if I can take another day off.

mbw

Its fucking nuts.  Pumped gas and scrapes the car earlier, probably about 3-5 minutes total outside.  Despite the gloves, I thought my hands were going to fall off.  Serious pain.  Thought I maybe did some damage but they are ok now.

barnesy305

My buddy just told me that Wisconsin is going to be colder than Mars tonight. I'm not too sure about the accuracy of that statement but it sounds crazy/fucked up.

mbw

Steam from Lake Michigan...

emay

snowed about 5-6 inches over the weekend.....
0 degrees when I got in the car this morning, think it got up to 25.

uhhh -35??? pretty sure the earth is telling you northern midwesterners to relocate.

sunrisevt

Friday & Saturday it barely got above zero. Today was 45 and rainy. Tomorrow we'll be lucky to see a double digit high for the day. Fucking New England, no wonder I'm sick.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

mistercharlie

-14 right now, -35 with windchill.

Damn my reliable work ethic. I really want to call in today, but I just can't get myself to call in 'because it's cold outside'.

On the plus side, I have heat, power, cable and Internet. The neighbors on my left have their phone/cable line down in their yard and the entire street to the right of me is out of power. We're in the sweet spot where we lost nothing. Yesterday the neighbor directly to my right came over with his wife and two kids to warm up and have some hot coffee. They had a sheriff come pick them up in a truck and transport them to a family members house.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Wind Chill here is -3.
At work it's -6.

I commute via public transport and by foot in DC so I chickened out to stay home and watch the kids. Working from home sounds pretty appealing with those numbers. I couldn't figure out what I'd wear to maintain myself in the 15 minute walk from the Metro to my office.

So fuck it. I'm home.

mistercharlie

My wife just told me I'm not allowed to drive to work today. So that's nice, but I still feel like I should be working. I can justify it by telling myself that's she just got another raise and since the library is closed today due to weather she is getting paid for not even being there.

I got no answer at work when I tried to call in so I called my manager on his cell. He said his car won't even start today so he called our owner to tell him that we wern't going to open today. He then instructed me to "go smoke a bowl and stay warm". It's nice to have a cool boss.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

i tried this last night, and it worked.  a cup of hot water instantly turned into snow when it hit the air...

justjezmund

saw that posted this morning and tried, only fun thing to do in this kind of cold.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

birdman

Quote from: justjezmund on January 07, 2014, 12:51:33 PM
saw that posted this morning and tried, only fun thing to do in this kind of cold.
Don't be a pussy. I took the dogs for a 3 mile hike this morning when the thermometer read 0.
It's all about layers.
Plus I was rewarded with a bald eagle sighting.
Paug FTMFW!

justjezmund

Quote from: birdman on January 07, 2014, 12:59:06 PM
Quote from: justjezmund on January 07, 2014, 12:51:33 PM
Don't be a pussy. I took the dogs for a 3 mile hike this morning when the thermometer read 0.
It's all about layers.
Plus I was rewarded with a bald eagle sighting.

I don't have a dog and i am lazy with a baby.  It's inside for me until I leave for work in a few.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 06, 2014, 09:33:02 PM
Friday & Saturday it barely got above zero. Today was 45 and rainy. Tomorrow we'll be lucky to see a double digit high for the day. Fucking New England, no wonder I'm sick.

Same thing is happening here. It's definitely not just up east.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...