News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: PG on January 29, 2014, 09:17:34 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 29, 2014, 09:07:12 AM
Quote from: twatts on January 28, 2014, 11:07:03 PM
Quote from: blatboom on January 28, 2014, 09:20:03 PM

Pink?!?  Really?!?

And oh yeah, nice parking job there...

Terry

As I tweeted this morning:

QuoteHere's the secret to driving on untreated iced-over roads: Don't.

I always say driving on ice is easy as long as you don't have to stop or turn at all.

It's also important to remember that cars parked on the side of the road are there to help you stop so don't hurt the trees.

mbw

Quote from: PG on January 28, 2014, 08:47:51 PM

It's pretty bad down in Alabama - here's a FB post from a friend of a friend in B'ham...

QuotePeople in Birmingham need our prayers. Here is what I just got home from: Linda & I tried to go down there in my 4 wheel drive truck to get our daughter and their 3 kids. She had a minor wreck this morning and they closed the day care. She could not get there due to her wreck. She called me at about 12:00 and didn't know what to do. Linda & I got gassed up, warm clothes, etc and took off. We got to Warrior and could not get any further on the interstate. We tried Hwy 31 and got about 2 miles. I could have made it all the way in my truck IF I could have gotten around all the cars. NO. WAY. Lots of phone calls between us and Sarah and her husband (Bruce) who is out of the country right now. She FINALLY got back to her car (with an AAA person) and jumped it off at 4:45. She was 4 miles from the daycare where her kids are. At 6:15 she still was not there but was making progress. The daycare was having beds brought in. Many are staying the night there. Birmingham is a mess. I don't know what those people on the interstate are going to do. Highways are closed. Stopped and filled up with gas at Warrior and all they had was premium. I hope every business will make a warm place available. If you know someone out there, remind them that sitting in your car with the heat going and not moving can create a carbon monoxide poisoning hazard. Lots of distress will occur on this night. Serious dangers. Prayers are certainly needed. By the way, we have a contact at the church/daycare that is ready to go get Sarah if necessary so we are confident she and the children are safe. But that whole city needs our prayers tonight.

birmingham

emay

so 1 inch of snow can destroy an established civilization in some parts of the country......the south, lol.

blatboom

beat me to it mbw. some of those defy logic

then there's this one where a car hit a hydrant which upon erupting created a sinkhole

emay

I think this winter proves that a lot of cities needs to invest in at least 1 more plow and maybe another mound of salt to save their cities, im lookin at our ATL and other southern cities.

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 29, 2014, 11:29:59 AM
I think this winter proves that a lot of cities needs to invest in at least 1 more plow and maybe another mound of salt to save their cities, im lookin at our ATL and other southern cities.

Problem is that it's statistically unlikely that they'll need that truck again for years.

The problem here in my town is that they don't really know how to use them effectively.

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 29, 2014, 10:42:40 AM
so 1 inch of snow can destroy an established civilization in some parts of the country......the south, lol.

Kind of a stretch to call Alabama "civilized".

antelope19

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 29, 2014, 09:01:54 AM
More snow last night. Not a lot (1-2") and it's fluffy powder. The sledding hill was probably pretty excellent first thing this morning.

But the fucking schools are closed.

Again.

Kids didn't go last week at all, Monday was a teacher workday, they went yesterday and now we're closed today.

City needs another plow. Or a leaf blower.

I'm at work, though, because the next 'snow day' I take will not have kids in the house.

also: this is hilarious:

1-2 inches isn't a lot? That's a fucking state of emergency according to Georgia! :crazy:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 29, 2014, 12:44:55 PM
Quote from: emayPhishyMD on January 29, 2014, 11:29:59 AM

Problem is that it's statistically unlikely that they'll need that truck again for years.

The problem here in my town is that they don't really know how to use them effectively.

Paging Scumbag Wendell.  We need some Mr. Plow lessons down south...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

justjezmund

Quote from: mbw on January 29, 2014, 10:15:09 AM

I just woke up my daughter laughing so hard.

that is like the real life version of homer making cereal.

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mbw

New show based in Atlanta...

susep

:-D

kellerb

They were about to Rise Again but then this Polar Vortex kicked in.

emay

Quote from: kellerb on January 29, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

They were about to Rise Again but then this Polar Vortex kicked in.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard