News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

All my Charleston friends had to evacuate three or four days ago. Vibes to everyone on the east coast affected by the storm. 

emay

Dang that's crazy.
From the category storm map it looks like it will be heavy rains and light gusts, nothing like the first hit. I gues it could gain some speed coming back towards the coast though......
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Tropical-Storm-Matthew?map=5day

PIE-GUY

Thankfully, the water in the mid-Atlantic is not as warm as the Caribbean and Gulf so it should lose some energy with time.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 06, 2016, 12:05:44 PM
Dang that's crazy.
From the category storm map it looks like it will be heavy rains and light gusts, nothing like the first hit. I gues it could gain some speed coming back towards the coast though......
https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Tropical-Storm-Matthew?map=5day

The potential for re-strengthening is there but even if it's a 1 or a TS, so soon after a Cat4 hit, anything will be bad news for recovery efforts.

mehead

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 06, 2016, 10:46:49 AM
So, my parents left their Savannah home this morning to head to the Mississippi Gulf Coast for a family reunion... and just as their flight was leaving evacuation orders came in for their area. They live on the intracoastal waterway... basically, the side of the island that faces away from the Atlantic... in Savannah, GA.

Fingers crossed they don't get too much damage in this one! The Georgia coast has not taken a direct hit from a hurricane since the late 1800's.

My wife and I are supposed to spend next weekend down in Savannah.  Hopefully they are somewhat spared (obviously along with everyone else).
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ph92

Well it's official, my roommate and I are gonna ride it out. We got food etc and are ready. He's got a full tank of gas in his truck if shit goes down.

I'm officially scared... This shit seems like it's gonna get pretty intense.  :crazy: :crazy:
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 01:00:36 PM
Well it's official, my roommate and I are gonna ride it out. We got food etc and are ready. He's got a full tank of gas in his truck if shit goes down.

I'm officially scared... This shit seems like it's gonna get pretty intense.  :crazy: :crazy:

like, fuel for the truck, or like, "wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah" gas? You're sober these days, right?

ph92

Quote from: PGLHAH on October 06, 2016, 01:01:54 PM

like, fuel for the truck, or like, "wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah" gas? You're sober these days, right?
Fuel for the truck haha. Yes I'm sober, and if I die in this I'm gonna die sober.  That thought isn't really crossing my mind right now I'm more worried about safety
Make America Melt Again!

Multibeast12

Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 01:03:37 PM

Fuel for the truck haha. Yes I'm sober, and if I die in this I'm gonna die sober.  That thought isn't really crossing my mind right now I'm more worried about safety
Stay safe man. and remember the water might not look to deep but could be rushing so be careful about driving through it.

Only Hurricane I ever got hit with was Sandy and I don't think it was even bad when it hit upstate NY

Hicks

Good luck man, sounds like you'll have a story to tell your grandkids once you come out the other side. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Stay safe down there, ph. MB's advice about not driving into water is legit.

I just took in some Savannah folks today and my Charleston people are already in town as well. I'm worried for the coast. Hurricanes are terrible.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VDB on October 06, 2016, 03:36:42 PM

I just took in some Savannah folks today and my Charleston people are already in town as well. I'm worried for the coast. Hurricanes are terrible.

All of Savannah is officially under evacuation orders. My parents are safely in New Orleans right now. Send vibes to their house, though!!! My mom's freaking out a bit.

mbw

Quote from: VDB on October 06, 2016, 03:36:42 PM

I think you should strap yourself to a ship mast and go all Lieutenant Dan on it.

ph92

Quote from: Multibeast12 on October 06, 2016, 02:27:17 PM

Stay safe man. and remember the water might not look to deep but could be rushing so be careful about driving through it.

Only Hurricane I ever got hit with was Sandy and I don't think it was even bad when it hit upstate NY
Yeah we're thinking about evacuating. I gotta talk to some more locals to get a feel for it, I also happen to be mother fucking broke right now.
Make America Melt Again!