News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

CRAZY F-ing Weather!

Started by VA $l!m, February 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 05:32:38 PM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on October 06, 2016, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 01:03:37 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on October 06, 2016, 01:01:54 PM
Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 01:00:36 PM
Well it's official, my roommate and I are gonna ride it out. We got food etc and are ready. He's got a full tank of gas in his truck if shit goes down.

I'm officially scared... This shit seems like it's gonna get pretty intense.  :crazy: :crazy:

like, fuel for the truck, or like, "wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah" gas? You're sober these days, right?
Fuel for the truck haha. Yes I'm sober, and if I die in this I'm gonna die sober.  That thought isn't really crossing my mind right now I'm more worried about safety
Stay safe man. and remember the water might not look to deep but could be rushing so be careful about driving through it.

Only Hurricane I ever got hit with was Sandy and I don't think it was even bad when it hit upstate NY
Yeah we're thinking about evacuating. I gotta talk to some more locals to get a feel for it, I also happen to be mother fucking broke right now.

By the time shit gets sideways and you think, damn, we shoulda spit, it may be too late to split.
Be careful.

mbw

ph92

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 07, 2016, 11:38:00 AM
Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 05:32:38 PM
Quote from: Multibeast12 on October 06, 2016, 02:27:17 PM
Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 01:03:37 PM
Quote from: PGLHAH on October 06, 2016, 01:01:54 PM
Quote from: ph92 on October 06, 2016, 01:00:36 PM
Well it's official, my roommate and I are gonna ride it out. We got food etc and are ready. He's got a full tank of gas in his truck if shit goes down.

I'm officially scared... This shit seems like it's gonna get pretty intense.  :crazy: :crazy:

like, fuel for the truck, or like, "wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah" gas? You're sober these days, right?
Fuel for the truck haha. Yes I'm sober, and if I die in this I'm gonna die sober.  That thought isn't really crossing my mind right now I'm more worried about safety
Stay safe man. and remember the water might not look to deep but could be rushing so be careful about driving through it.

Only Hurricane I ever got hit with was Sandy and I don't think it was even bad when it hit upstate NY
Yeah we're thinking about evacuating. I gotta talk to some more locals to get a feel for it, I also happen to be mother fucking broke right now.

By the time shit gets sideways and you think, damn, we shoulda spit, it may be too late to split.
Be careful.
We ended up evacuating to my roommate's grandpa's ranch in southwest Georgia. We're busy shooting guns and mudding...WEEW!

But honestly I'm glad we left. I didn't want to risk it. My area was theoretically safe, but who knows with hurricanes.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

Got this email from my mom today. Haven't been able to actually talk with them yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

All good news, though!

We spent last night in Atlanta and came back to Savannah on the first flight this morning!!!  As we were driving in, a neighbor called to say that the power had just come back on!!!   Only about 10% of the island has power now so we were very lucky!
There are no stop lights working any where in Savannah so every intersection is a four way stop!!!   Made an interesting drivie home!
Once on the island, the storm damage is VERY evident.   Huge trees down everywhere!!   They have cut a single car path through the down trees so were  able to get home.   The really good news is that the Publix grocery store on the island has a huge generator --- and they're open!!!!   So we immediately threw out everything in the fridge and freezer!!   And we had food for lunch!
We were VERY lucky.   All windows are fine!!!   And the only real tree problem on our property is a huge pine tree that's at a 45 degree angle.   Luckily it's resting on a liveoak --- or it would have been in the kitchen!!!   Since it is NOT into our house like our neighbors, I suspect it will be weeks before they come to remove it.
We obviously took no water --- just lots of rain --- but the water never got into the yard!!!!    Yea!   The marsh looks a little wind blown!!
We are feeling very lucky!!!!    And our happy to be back.
Kathie
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Buffalo Budd

Got 3/4 of a foot last night of heavy packed snow.
Power just getting restored to the downtown area now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mbw

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 30, 2016, 07:48:59 AM

9 inches.  You got 9 inches.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on November 30, 2016, 08:06:14 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on November 30, 2016, 07:48:59 AM

9 inches.  You got 9 inches.

You must mean 23 cm.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Currently in a tornado shelter room at work. Tornado warning right now here in downtown Atlanta.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: mehead on November 30, 2016, 02:09:56 PM
Currently in a tornado shelter room at work. Tornado warning right now here in downtown Atlanta.

damn. stay safe!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 30, 2016, 02:26:38 PM
Quote from: mehead on November 30, 2016, 02:09:56 PM

damn. stay safe!

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mbw

get out of that damn shelter and face that tornado like a man!