News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

I'm going to go on record opposing this ignore user option.  I don't really see the point.  I believe we do a good enough job running off trolls and spammers as it is.  Who is a new user, who is seriously checking this site out, going to ignore.  Probably no one.  They want to know more about the people who frequent this place.  If the ignore function is functionally worthless for chasing off the unwanted (the aforementioned trolls and spammers) and of little use to new users, who is it for? 

Regulars and semi-Regulars ignoring each other.

This smacks of an elitism and clique behavior i don't like to think exists here.  What message does this send to new members who may well be valuable future assets to this site?  Step out of line and your voice won't be heard.   

Just my opinion.  I won't be using this function.  If I don't like reading what you have to say, I'll scroll down.  Better that than misunderstand the direction a thread is going because you were censored to begin with.  At least that way I have the option to read it later.

tet

i think it's for those who want to ignore various users whose behavior can be considered stalking, or at the least, overly-aggressive and annoying.  i'm sure there are female members here who would like the ability to filter out all communications from annoying stalker-types.  this way they can check their PMs and regular threads without a barrage of lustful or downright filthy comments. 

not that we've had any complaints from people lately, but there have been some questionable PMs sent to people in the past that have been forwarded to me, and having an "ignore user" is sometimes the best method, as not everything is a bannable offense. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

nab

Quote from: tet on November 05, 2007, 04:52:23 PM
i think it's for those who want to ignore various users whose behavior can be considered stalking, or at the least, overly-aggressive and annoying.  i'm sure there are female members here who would like the ability to filter out all communications from annoying stalker-types.  this way they can check their PMs and regular threads without a barrage of lustful or downright filthy comments. 

not that we've had any complaints from people lately, but there have been some questionable PMs sent to people in the past that have been forwarded to me, and having an "ignore user" is sometimes the best method, as not everything is a bannable offense. 

Good point, I didn't think about that.  That warms me up to the idea a little bit.

K+ x2 to august if he responds. :-D
(You know you want that 600)

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: tet on November 05, 2007, 04:52:23 PM

i haven't had that problem yet...
but i appreciate you lookin' out for us(gals) in particular.
i'm sure we're not the only ones.....  :-)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

tet

ok, well just testing this and it only seems to work for threads, not PMs.  so, if you get annoying PMs, not much I can do about that yet, but at least you can safely view threads and ignore abusive users for now. 

like BP says, hey, it's a start... (but we're still destroying the environment and making billions... muwahaha!)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

nab

Funny tet, it appears that we can't ignore you. :wink:

mattstick

So I can't ignore the pictures of August's genetailia that he PMs me?  :?

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on November 05, 2007, 05:18:06 PM

:lol: Nah, I would hold on to them for use as evidence in divorce court. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

August

Quote from: mattstick on November 05, 2007, 05:18:06 PM

Sounds more like a proclamation than a question.
a

antelope19

August

I can't believe Antelope hasn't posted a reply yet.
a

mattstick

Every thread is a trifecta when you've ignored everybody

antelope19

Quote from: August on November 05, 2007, 05:25:35 PM
I can't believe Antelope hasn't posted a reply yet.
a

:lol:  Pretty soon this board is gonna get awfully boring.  :-D

fauxpaxfauxreal

I don't have anything to say.  You all can't see it anyways.