News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 28, 2010, 01:30:53 PM
it can't just be cookies based. The 'paug knows what is unread whether I log on via any computer or phone.

Same here.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: guyforget on January 28, 2010, 01:27:07 PM
well, i assume its cookies based, i guess id have to look under the hood to confirm. 

i guess that it could be timestamp based, though...

'paug server shouldnt know your internal ip address on your network, so i dont think that would have anything to do with it.

Yeah, I am just presenting anything that may be of help.  It happens every so often, so I am not sure why. 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

kellerb

it can't just be cookies based. The 'paug knows what is unread whether I log on via any computer or phone.

I've noticed that if I don't read a thread all day, it will eventually disappear from the unread threads link.  Maybe it only displays "posts within the last 12 hours not read by kellerb" or something like that.  This tends to happen w/ the knee-high socks / asian threads, that tend to have 1~2 posts overnight, then nobody posts in them all day.

guyforget

Quote from: kellerb on January 28, 2010, 01:38:30 PM

I've noticed that if I don't read a thread all day, it will eventually disappear from the unread threads link.  Maybe it only displays "posts within the last 12 hours not read by kellerb" or something like that.  This tends to happen w/ the knee-high socks / asian threads, that tend to have 1~2 posts overnight, then nobody posts in them all day.

this is correct.  "recent unread topics" is just that - recent.  i dont know what the timeline for that cutoff is, but it will not just display all unread topics, but there is a link for that as well. 

the unread replies link will show all threads that youve posted to that have new replies that youve not yet read, and these do not expire.  mine is about 5 pages long, i never get around to reading every thread. 

-AD_

UncleEbinezer

I thought that was the case, however I was on at like 9ish last night.  Then I logged in at about 8ish this morning and there were zero topics, however there were postings in several threads.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

rowjimmy

Quote from: GBL on January 25, 2010, 04:56:12 PM
spiders make me nervous..

Have you noticed how insane the Topic Views numbers are?
The Last Complete Album thread has 174,000+ views.

I blame the spiders padding out the stats.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 30, 2010, 09:40:00 PM

Here's some proof to back up rj statement.
Google  09:43:34 pm Viewing the topic Last Complete Album Listened To?.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Oh god, what if they start participating in the setlist game threads?  That's gonna be obnoxious.

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on January 31, 2010, 12:32:57 AM

Oh god, what if they start participating in the setlist game threads?  That's gonna be obnoxious.

They'll be calling Bouncin' every other song.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

kellerb

Quote from: Mistercharlie on January 31, 2010, 12:58:04 AM
Quote from: kellerb on January 31, 2010, 12:32:57 AM

They'll be calling Bouncin' every other song.

n00bs

guyforget

gonna work on some updates in a few minutes, so you dudes are gonna get locked out for a bit. 
-AD_

antelope19

Quote from: guyforget on February 04, 2010, 04:13:00 PM
gonna work on some updates in a few minutes, so you dudes are gonna get locked out for a bit.

Bring back the smite!   :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mistercharlie

Quote from: antelope19 on February 04, 2010, 04:14:06 PM
Quote from: guyforget on February 04, 2010, 04:13:00 PM

Bring back the smite!   :wink:

What he said!!

guyforget

ok, that wasnt so bad, i think...

let me know what you see when things get weird.
-AD_

G. Augusto