News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The FauxPax is a bitch ass mother fucking ass munching freak thread!

Started by fauxpaxfauxreal, March 22, 2006, 01:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Ok.  So my introduction to the week4paug.net has been...shall I say less than cordial?  This is a thread that I have designed to put ill will behind us, because you have to understand... I am a SENSITIVE chap...and I really wasn't intending to spread...NEGATIVE VIBES.

I am a cool dude, however, once you get to know me.

A sarcastic bastard, but, a cool dude.

I can be a tad sensitive sometimes... which I know is entirely contrary... to being a cool dude.

So, the question is...what can I do to make up for it?

Some have suggested taking on a new nick, and I think that is lame as hell.  For reasons that I'm sure all of you can relate to.  So I have come to the decision that...I should create this thread...a thread where you can all let out all of your aggression towards me, and also let me know where I can atone for my bastardly sins.  Perhaps this thread was ill conceived?  and You can let me know of that too... but really, I just want to be peoples friends...so I figured this was a way that I can keep my name, and also get to know some people on here.

Since I am in fact a caustic piece of shit self righteous son of a bitch!

Flame away!

jedifunk

the past, is well, past...

especially since i now know you're friends with friends of my friends, and my friends...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Agreed, the past is gone.  You sound like a decent, knowledgable dude.  Maybe even an asset to the 'paug.   :-D  But, yeah, don't be so sensitive, 99.9% of the time, people around here are kidding when they "attack" others' opinions.  We all know that we are entitled to what we think.  Especially when it comes to something as random and crazy as phish.  Your opinion of a show, that you may have been at, can, and most def. will be very different than that of many others.  So keep that in mind when you are ranting and raving about that Mcgrupp!!!!!   :-P :-D  If that makes any sense at all.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

But I would love to see a review of that Charlotte '03 show.  I was there and would enjoy reading a what another thought of it. 

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

fauxpaxfauxreal

Thanks guys, I figured as much, and since people had time to calm down... I figured now would be an appropriate time to start this thread.  If anyone does still have a problem with me, feel perfectly free to let me know here or private message me....we all should be here for one reason...and I don't think that reason is pissing each other off:)

--As for the Charlotte show, I loved the second set.  I'll try to find the review (I might have it in my storage room aka the spare bedroom).  And I loved the Chalkdust and Bathtub Gin.  The show was a ton of fun and I enjoyed it a lot.  My review of the show was really cheesy and over the top in a way that'll be readily apparant when you read it.  If anyone has that STTF with the review of the charlotte show, please type it out or SCAN IT and post it here.  It seems it would be worth it for everyones enjoyment (and my embarrasment:)

August

i was just about to scan it but then i saw that i had to type it out so then i just tossed the thing...........

a

VA $l!m

1. yes the past is the past, though seeing as its only the past week we're talking about things arent forgotten that easily.
suggestion: lay low for a bit.   

2. opinions are like...
so i can't criticize you for having them.
suggestion: try to not come off as a holier than thou "know it all" -- its grating.

3. personal attacks and jibes don't come accross well in type, even when they are sarcastic and not intended to be negative.
suggestion: get to know people through straight dialogue and discussion before calling them names or saying they're wrong, stupid, or whatever.

4. honestly its nice to have people that like to post a lot and contribute to multiple topics... i mean, seriously there are only like 30 heads that actually post out of 1000+ members!
though averaging 33 posts a day in your first 4 days on the board is a bit overwhelming.
especially considering that you like to write detailed long posts.
suggestion: make your posts count; less is more sometimes...

peas and carrots,
slim.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: august on March 22, 2006, 04:26:35 PM
i was just about to scan it but then i saw that i had to type it out so then i just tossed the thing...........

a

Oops, forgot to beg august to please please please scan it and post it if you have it!  I'll do your laundry!

And I agree Slim, I'm trying to trim down my posting average... I agree that I can be quite wordy:)

August

well said, slim.

if it is in the past, it seems like it should stay there, even though there are
little jabs posted every now and then.

even last night, when phan003 was trying to edge you on with the
"little schoolboy bitch" reference, that, to me, seemed like a slight
resurgence of something that really pissed someone off.

btw, for those that missed it, there was a comment made to rowjimmy
that accused him of acting like a "schoolboy bitch".
and now rowjimmy, a huge contributor to week4paug, has left the board.

and before there is a rebuttle made of "well it is his decision to leave", please save it.
it is true, it is his decision.
do i agree with his decision. NO
do i see how he doesnt want to be bothered or berated when
he signs on here.Absolutely.

fauxpax, you are starting to contribute and debate topics around here
logically. that is a good first step.

before last week, no one on this board had ever called anyone a "little schoolboy bitch" or have been accused of having "their vagina rubbed the wrong way".
it just never happened.
i looks like you are catching on as to how we roll here, and obviously, it is much
different than the other boards out there that dont give a fuck how other
members are treated.

you gave us this forum to rant, there it was.
we squashed our beef, we moved on, but there are others here that
might not want to get involved and might have formed an opinion of you
or the situation(s).

aside from aesthetics, this board has been very different in the past week.
a

antelope19

Is RJ really gone? :cry:  I hope not.  Jeez, I must have missed a lot last night.

jephrey

I didn't know that RJ left if he did either... 

I for one want him here, but if to him it's wasting time, then I can't really blame him.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

fauxpaxfauxreal

While I appreciate your point of view in the post... I disagree slightly.  I think I can hardly be blamed for Phan003 posting last night jokingly asking me if I am a school boy bitch.  I also didn't think it was in poor taste...I think while it might have "stung", even though it shouldn't have, and that wasn't it's intent...it was appropriate, because Phan was asking a legitimate question.... i.e. ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE THIS PLACE INTOLLERABLE.

If RowJimmy decided to stop hanging out here, I truly feel a tinge of guilt about that.  But, as you concede, it is his decision, and I disagree with him also...perhaps I could have taken a different tact and arguably should have (on reflection, I should have just apologized when he said I was over the line grumbled to myself and left it at that).  I was truly wrong in that instance.  And do feel a tinge of regret that I didn't handle it differently.

But I also think that his decision to leave the paug is kind of unfair to me.  It sucks because now I'm the guy that made people leave (I know you won't have much sympathy with that, but I'm just explaining my point of view.)  It is also unfair to him, since he enjoyed the company here so much.  Hopefully he'll reconsider his decision and decide that he won't let me get under his skin that bad...because while he might wish me ill will (hopefully he doesn't), I don't wish ill on him at all...and really feel bad that he doesn't want to hang out here anymore.

On other message boards (especially Phish.Net around 95-98) such barbs were par for the course...and were meant friendlyily which was always evidenced by a silly emoticon of some type (I'm fond of the :P)  Usually when I see a :P, I assume that the sentence or thought that preceded it was not meant to be taken seriously.  I was not trying to use a :P to truly excuse poor behavior, I was really trying to intimate that the sentence was not to be taken seriously.  Obviously, it didn't work, so I have been trying to modify my behavior to correct this.  

As far as the change in the paug...I'm sure it's only temporary and will only get better!

I do appreciate you being honest with me, because that was why I made the thread, for people to honestly get off their chest the issues they have with me, and to have them feel like I'm a pink elephant in the room ruining their good time.  If you have any issues with me in the future (or still do) feel free to post about them.  I would rather you told me, than not.

As for the STTF review, if you do have it, PLEASE SCAN AND POST IT!

thanks again for your candor!

jedifunk

fuck, are you kidding?  RJ has left the paug?  WTF is going on around here lately...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: jedifunk on March 22, 2006, 05:51:56 PM
fuck, are you kidding?  RJ has left the paug?  WTF is going on around here lately...

I didn't know that either, until I read this thread.