News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

new wiki

Started by guyforget, April 05, 2006, 12:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

Jeff had asked me about the old wiki which ended up dying on a hard drive in our old server, so I set up something new for y'all. 

http://week4paug.net/wiki

Im not exactly done with it but all that I want to do shouldnt effect content so y'all can register and start planning your attack and tet and I should be around to help a bit. 

First thing you need to do is register and then post back with the username you created so that I can add you to access the Admin section where we can get a feel for whats going on. 

To get started you should check out the WikkaWiki HomePage for features and formatting options. 
-AD_

August

thanks!
wiki username...
AugUst

a

jedifunk

ok,

JediFunk is the name!

whats up, are we using a new wiki system?  i really liked the formatting of the old one...  but i'll take whatever we can get.  thanks.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

JephreY is mine...

there are things I liked about the old one (especially the search/goto right on the front page).  But I like some things about this one on first glance too.  Actually, this one seems more Week4paug to me so I like it.  It may just take some getting used to, and it actually may end up being better.  I can't wait to dip in a little deeper.  Maybe some features just have to be invoked.

Does anyone have any backup ideas?

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

for backups, i suppose the best is to have an FTP account that logs into the database directories, maybe with read-only priveledges for security purposes, and have somebody (or a script, even) log in and download the db files every couple of days/weeks...

that hard to set up, allen?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

mmm, i cant do anything yet... :|  here i was trying to get a jump on this!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

nevermind, i figured it out... hehehe 8-)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Quote from: tet on April 05, 2006, 11:32:25 AM
for backups, i suppose the best is to have an FTP account that logs into the database directories, maybe with read-only priveledges for security purposes, and have somebody (or a script, even) log in and download the db files every couple of days/weeks...

that hard to set up, allen?

I have some backup scripts that will download and backup the db files as well as any dynamic files in the www directory for the wiki.  They will back everything up to my server at home. 

Quote from: jephrey on April 05, 2006, 11:28:59 AM
JephreY is mine...

there are things I liked about the old one (especially the search/goto right on the front page).  But I like some things about this one on first glance too.  Actually, this one seems more Week4paug to me so I like it.  It may just take some getting used to, and it actually may end up being better.  I can't wait to dip in a little deeper.  Maybe some features just have to be invoked.

Does anyone have any backup ideas?

Jephrey

I chose this software after spending about an hour researching at http://www.wikimatrix.org/
-AD_

guyforget

There is only one restricted page that only we have access too.  Any more of those sort of defeats the purpose of the wiki and we have this forum for discussion, so maybe we wont even need the restricted pages. 

http://week4paug.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=AdminPage

So far only myself, tet, and the three of you (aug, jedi, jeff) have access to that page.  The rest of it should be set up as we go.

Lesson #1:

1.  Creating a new page from an existing page.

The most common way to create a new page is to edit an existing page, insert somewhere in the page a pointer to the new page you want to create (either by using a WikiName or a [[double bracket]] internal link) and save it. The link to the new page will be highlighted as a missing page. Just clicking on this link will open an editable version of the new page.

2. Creating a new page from the browser address field

To create a new page from your browser address field, just type the name of the page (usually a WikiWord) after the Wikka root URL. For instance, to create a new page on this server you just need to type in the browser address field http://wikka.jsnx.com/NewPage.
You should consider that creating a page in this way method leaves the page orphaned until a link to it from an existing page is created. For this reason, the first method is preferred.
-AD_

jephrey

yeah, one restricted page is fine.  Let's just not advertise the wiki to anyone who isn't initially set up...  I think we should go back and grab a couple dudes.  Phan003 and groovy have shown some desire to contribute.  They'll just have to be able to access this forum.

I think it's ok to have orphaned pages at this point (if they're just the dates like 2000-10-07).  We'll obviously connect to them over time as we make the year, then the tour pages.

Geez, remember all the tables we made on those pages.  Man we did a lot of work last time.  On the bright side, we can bring up anything we didn't like before and hopefully address it.

So let's get going...  Why don't we start at the end and work backwards?  The tours will be shorter, the years will be shorter, I think it'll be easier. 

Thoughts?
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

August

maybe from 2000 back, since some of the PH setlists arent in the HPB.
if we do decide to go with 2000, we can have myself jedi and jephrey on summer and fall and the new guy(s) on rcmh and japan?
or anty 3 on summer/fall and 2 on for the earlier shows and radio shows.
just an idea.
i think that if we each had certain parts of tours "assigned" WE WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE SOME SERIOUS MOVES ON THIS.
(CAPS LOCK ON.I WASNT YELLING).
also, i forget the simple codes and what-not, i just need one or two up to use as mental template.
joseph august

jephrey

Mental refresher...  Me too.

starting with Pre-hiatus is cool with me.  I was debating that too.

All in favor of phan003 and groovy(still need his confirmation) say aye?

If they're a go, we'll get them added to the "wiki team"

tet

aye aye...

/arrrrgh!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

phan003 has accepted and we have spoken as well.  Can you (tet or guy) give him access to this forum and we'll get things going.  Still talking to groovy, maybe I'll PM him.  After that, we'll get started.  I may be able to make that template again for the show.  It was just for the title, but I thought it worked well.  As explained we'll start in 2000.  I suppose we split up the tours.  We'll get to the details when phan arrives.  Remember, we always greet our new members with applause :wink:

Jephrey

jephrey

Interesting.  On this wiki, page names have to start with a letter, and contain only numbers and letters (no dashes).  How does something like

ph20001007 sound to you guys?  We'd use the same format for all of them. 

I just touched on the thing.  It's going to take some getting used to... I set up a Category called CategorySetlists (you have to use wiki names with the 2 capitals in them).  Anything linked to that category shows up when you click on it.  We can do sub-categories as well which I think may be really nice.  I didn't know the search was in the lower right, it seems to work well.  I will look into getting a template next.  I am sure it'll be called TemplateSetlists or something like that.  So, I also heard back from groovy, and if he could get access to this forum along with phan003, then great.  they'll be added to this crack team.  And when I say crack, you know what I'm talking about. 

Like I was saying, this will take some getting used to.  At first I didn't like it, but as I worked with it just for a short time, things seemed pretty intuitive (except the dumb naming convention).  It'll also take some remembering, as I can't remember yesterday that well and I last touched the old wiki months ago. 

Party on!

Jephrey