News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

New thread for the Wikka Wiki Wikipaug.

Started by jephrey, April 14, 2006, 10:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

So.

We have a pretty good handle on the shows that we have done.  Plus, I think the format is up to par.  I think all of our details pages are consistent, and it seems like we all know how to update the setlists page.

Let's all do another show.  I'll do 10-06.  This round will be for each of us to go through the process and make sure we're all doing it right, and figuring out ways to increase our speeds (so share any tricks you come up with).  Also, we can entirely button down the formatting.  I haven't heard many formatting discussions.  Do you guys like it the way it is?  I do.  As for the infinity symbols, we should be able to get those removed with an update, so I guess we'll have to put up with them until our fearless admin gets a bit to look into configuring it differently.  Also, there are some bunk pages that we (or at least one of us) need permissions to delete.  Finally is that capitalization thing that looks like it got fixed?  Did one of you do that?

After this round...

I personally like to do the details pages.  If one of you wants to team up with me and enter stuff on the setlists page, I can transfer it to the details page and add notes and links, and you can check my work.  That might be a good way to do it because 2 people will get to look at every setlist and discuss naming conventions and other things. 

Discuss

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

i know that i myself cannot even delete pages using the /delete modifier, so something will have to be done...  not sure how to even enable such permissions, as the "admin" page we have all been granted access to doesn't really offer anything in the way of administration.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

mmm, interesting tet...

jeph- i can do the main setlists pages... i can get those setup so that you can come along behind me and start doing the show details pages...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

question:  jeph, have you looked into much of the layout formatting options?  i am remembering how we had a left side column that was colored, that we had like top 5 shows, and undderrated jams or something like that... on the year & tour pages... i think one was called the week4paugs grooves or something..

is that gonna be possible with this wiki?
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I'm laughing right now...  We must be on the same wavelength.

Check out what I started for 2000. (click on the 2000 link on the setlists page), BTW, our details pages should link to their tour and year pages as well.  We'll have to add that...  So everyone give some ideas on this.  I think those links should be at the top.

HTML baby!
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

ok, only admins can delete pages i believe, but I have just added myself to the admin list with a little hax0ring on the back-end...  lemme know what pages you want gone and i'll do it for now until we can figure out a better way for this.
-Phish

jephrey

tet,  thanks a bunch. 

3 of them...
AsD
Ph20000927
ShowTemplate

after they're gone, let us know and we'll have to re-make 9-27 with lowercase ph20000927.  I copied the code at the bottom of this message so it'll be easy to just paste it in the new page.

Also, I don't know if you can do a little more Hax0ring, but I wonder if you have access to wikka.config.php and if that's something that is used during installation, or if it's something that can be modified on the fly.  Basically, the thing defaults to the infinity symbol (which we dislike and Jedi HATES) for external links.  Here's a page about it.  It "seems" like it's easily changeable, but I'm far from an expert.
http://wikkawiki.org/ConfigurationOptions

=====[[http://week4paug.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Setlists#d20000927 2000-09-27]]=====     
===[[FiddlersGreenCO Fiddler's Green, Englewood, CO]]===
---- {{image class="right" url="http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/images/stubs/2000-09-27mo.jpg"}}
==Set 1:==
01. [[SampleinaJar Sample in a Jar]]
02. [[MyFriendMyFriend My Friend, My Friend]]
03. [[BeautyOfMyDreams Beauty Of My Dreams]]
04. [[MySoul My Soul]]
05. [[LimbByLimb Limb By Limb]]
06. [[Dirt Dirt]]
07. [[SplitOpenAndMelt Split Open and Melt]]
08. [[Horn Horn]]
09. [[Taste Taste]]
10. [[Taste Cavern]]
==Set 2:==
01. [[Piper Piper]] >
02. [[Gumbo Gumbo]]
03. [[Ghost Ghost]]
04. [[TheMangoSong The Mango Song]]
05. [[HeavyThings Heavy Things]]
06. [[Brother Brother]]
07. [[YouEnjoyMyself You Enjoy Myself]]
==Encore:==
01. [[LovingCup Loving Cup]]

----
===Notes===
~-[[Brother]] was last played on [[ph19980728 1998-07-28]] (149 Shows)
----
===Links===
~-View this show in the etree database. [[]] link to the show
~-Search for this show at bt.etree [[http://bt.etree.org/?search=ph2000-09-27&cat=0&incldead=1]]
----
===Categories===
CategorySetlists

jedifunk

aghhh!!! :evil:

this new wiki is VERY frustrating to try to get setup!  doing even the most basic things are not possible or simply too hard to get working properly....

sincerely,
frustrated jedi
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Actually, I'm moving the other direction.  mediawiki was very similar to html, and we may just have to code whole pages in html.  We worked on that a long time over at the other wiki, and I suppose it's going to take as long here because it's a new language for us.  I've been learning with a couple good resources.  this one for tables!

http://wp.netscape.com/assist/net_sites/table_sample.html

Plus, I learned other stuff bu just viewing the source for pages that I like.

JF

jedifunk

yeah, but IMO a wiki should be about coding... i should be about easy data entry, so that any idiot can do it... i'm just frustrated, thats all
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I think you meant to say "shouldn't"...

I agree.  On the other hand, remember how similar mediawiki was to html as far as tables go?  In addition, most of the pages we'll do don't even require this to be a wiki, because they won't require updating.  It's after we enter these pages that "idiots" will start to enter the pages for other Phish related stuff that don't really need to be consistent.  And as admins, we can go in and make things pretty and stuff.  If other users do edit pages, they just need basic knowledge because you can usually tell where stuff is in html, and modify it or add to it without much of an issue or much knowledge.

tet

this *should* be used more like a wiki, where people can enter their own experiences for a show, add links to pics they took, etc... 
-Phish

jephrey

I suppose that's what the comments section is for although anyone can edit a setlist.  The setlists will have to remain fairly static.  We can definitely add a section for pictures and stuff, but the pictures can't be uploaded to this wiki(as far as I can tell), so we'll get broken links eventually. 

We can also add a section for source reviews but we already have a link to the dB. Not that we're already not rey-keying a bunch of information, so having it all right there is a good idea.

Finally, we can add a help page and allow those who aren't computer savvy to talk to those who are or even have those who are add things for them.  I expect a big inrush at the beginning and then some random additions and such...  Just my thoughts.  If we want it easier, we really should get mediawiki going instead.  Now's the time to make that change.  I wouldn't want to get too far into this and then realize it wasn't going to work.  So personally, I am for changing to mediawiki, and I suppose it'll take my, jedi's, and aug's votes (because of the dual experience) along with buy-in from guy and tet to support it and install it.

Anyone else want to switch?  Now or never!

J

jedifunk

naw, i think its ok, i was just frustrated... i used to code html for a living, so having to do it now gets me agitated...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio