News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

wikka or mediawiki?

Started by tet, April 14, 2006, 04:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

i don't have any preference, and i also will not make a move without consulting guyforget, but what do you guys want?  you're the ones who will be doing the dirty work, so the system must be something with which y'all feel comfortable. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Well, tet.  Maybe that's more up to you.  This Wikka may require more support as we have to self-add more features.  It seems that you've been pretty quick about any issues, and although doing tables in media is easier, it's similar to html and a little html never killed anyone.  So this being as flexible as it is, is a bonus.  Although only a couple hours ago I was an advocate of switching, with just these few new developments, I think we'll be able to overcome any downfalls that wikka may have.  I'll vote to stay here :-o

I bet it seems like I can't make up my mind.   :wink:

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

August

either one.
which ever is gonna help us is koo with me.
a

sophist

I don't have a preference either.  Whichever one yall want, I'm just here to help.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

whats the deal?  I still can't access the wikipage, did we switch?  I'm still getting a blank when I go to the page.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

www.week4paug.net/wiki  has not been down ever.  try emptying your cache maybe?  we didn't switch a thing, and it's been working for everyone else it seems.
-Phish

sophist

cool, it works for me.  sorry about that.

edit: it quit working now.  I can only access the main page, when I click a link to a new page, it will load a blank page.  Any thoughts?  How do I fix this?

tet

dunno, you've given us minimal help in diagnosing your problem. 

a good start would be:

• browser and version
  • operating system
  • what you've done in terms of clearing cache
-Phish

August

i am having the same problem.
i cleared my cache, too.
i have had the link bookmarked, and that is where i was working from, but now the page doesnt load for me?
dunno?.....
a

sophist

Quote from: tet on April 16, 2006, 04:31:12 PM
dunno, you've given us minimal help in diagnosing your problem. 

a good start would be:

• browser and version
  • operating system
  • what you've done in terms of clearing cache

i use IE  :|
windows xp
I cleared all the cookies (I'm not really familiar with "clearing thr cache")

jephrey

Well, those of us on macs are having no problems :wink:

Here's where it eventually links to

http://week4paug.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WikiPaug

You can try that, I'm having no problem in Safari, IE, and Firefox.

I don't have any other ideas
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

didn't work, but thank you for the link.  I'll talk to the IT guys tomorrow and get this shit straightened out.  until then........back to bxm bikin  :-)

August

still nothing for me either.
:?
i havent changed anything, i went to check out the page yesterday and
got a blank page.
a

tet

i don't know what the problem is, works fine on Safari and Firefox for me as well...  perhaps the redirect doesn't work on IE.  that's guyforget's department though... 
-Phish

tet

have either of you tried Firefox or Opera?  this could be an IE problem, but i'm not sure what could be different, other than upgrading Apache... 
-Phish