News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Entering Setlists

Started by sophist, April 17, 2006, 11:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

so I tried to enter 10-5-00 and it did the same thing as last time.  the showtemplate page has the 10-5 info on it.  how come it never asks me to create a new page?  how do I create a new page manually?
Sorry I'm being such a pain in the ass fellas.  I'll figure it out eventually.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

alright i have 10-5 in the right spot(how do I post the setlist on the 10-5 link page?), but the template is still 10-5 too, how do i undo the edit I made?  or do we want to leave it like that?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

Again:  "DO NOT USE THE TEMPLATE!"

to create a new page... 

1.  Go to an existing page
2.  Edit
3.  copy all the code
4.  back
5.  In the url in the addressbar (say you're using 10-07 as a starting point) change ph20001007 to phyyyymmdd (using your new date in place of the yyyymmdd placeholders) like this http://week4paug.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ph20001005
6.  Hit enter.
7.  A popup will say, this page has not been created yet, would you like to...  YES
8.  It opens in edit mode
9.  Paste the code
10. change pertinent information
11. done

If you go look at 10-07, you'll see that I added a table at the top so that you could link to the year and tour pages.  I think we want that on all details pages.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

ok thanks  :-)
but I'll hold off since my IE isn't working.

jephrey

cool, and don't worry about the template.  You can look at the history and restore an old page, but we're trying to get the template erased anyhow.

Templates in mediawiki are a ton different. basically, you do all the formatting in the template, and you just call the template and enter the data on anypage and it'll automatically format it.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

looks like we are going to make the move to mediawiki, i just wanna clear it with guyforget first...  hold tight...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

I have happiness.

Will this one stay up for a bit?  Although not exact, we can look at it as a reference, maybe eve use a portion of the code...  I do like the look of some things better in wikka, but they're not as big of dealbreakers as the features in MW.  I also think we should look into some different skins for mediawiki to set ourselves apart.  but I'm just getting way ahead of anything.  Looking forward to seeing what happens.

mad karma tet!

J

sophist

thanks jeph and tet for the update, I'll stand by

who wants to play the original super mario brothers while we wait?

groovy

Since we're in a holding pattern of sorts I have a few quick questions.  So with mediawikki, my impression is that there is less html tages we'll be using?  And it is much more user friendly for the less html savvy?  Just curious.  After this past weekend I'm looking forward to being productive.  Hopefully we can be up and running in a day or two.  Thanks for all the hardwork guys!
work less, dance more

jephrey

There are many more types of things you can do...  In wikka, you can't right justify a piece of text, you can't make a custom table without html, you can't do anchor linking, you can't (easily) upload photos.  You can't do a lot of other things as well.  You can, and simply in mediawiki. 

One more thing that I forgot, with a template, you can show the page name on the page, so we should name the pages yyyy-mm-dd, so that the template will just put that right at the top of the page. 

Templates aren't a huge savings but they're nice.

Yahoo.

j

tet

yes, this will be up until we have migrated.  my intention is to move this to www.week4paug.net/oldwiki  or something along those lines, we'll see if the database accepts such a move.  i don't foresee it being an issue to just rename the directory it operates from...  then again, i'm used to Macs, where you don't have to think about anything ;)
-Phish

sophist

open season on IE/windows users  :-o 
Wasn't my choice, but I'll take the abuse until I get an upgrade. 

tet

Quote from: phan003 on April 17, 2006, 03:32:46 PM
open season on IE/windows users  :-o 
Wasn't my choice, but I'll take the abuse until I get an upgrade. 

when i'm involved, it's always open season on Winblows...  :evil:
-Phish

sophist

thats priceless man,  it should be on a bumper sticker