News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

let's hold off on everything right now

Started by tet, April 17, 2006, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

we need to get this IE thing taken care of.  it is a bug listed on the wikka homepage, but they have no idea what it is and are trying to gather more information on it.  it's probably some mismatch with MySQL, Apache2, and their software, but trying to pick the culprit out of that will not be easy.  unless they come up with a quick solution, which doesn't look likely, we're going to have to switch to mediawiki -- and pronto.

i don't think it will be a hard switch, but we will have to start from scratch again.  unless my afternoon miraculously frees up, i don't think i'll get around to installing the other software until tomorrow, so let's hold off on any new things done until then...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sophist

10/4
Just take your time and let us know when we need to get back to work

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

i'm pokin around on their IRC server to see if anyone there can give a hand, but there doesn't seem to be much info available about the problem. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

I know i'm posting formatting stuff in other forums, but my stance is back at screw it, let's make the change to mediawiki.  I don't want to wait around either.  Tet, just let us know, and you've got all the time you'll need to install mediawiki...  In the meantime, there can be spaces in names in mediawiki and that makes it easier.  We can use common terms like Fall 2000 so searches bring up the page right off.  Piped links are as easy, and there are no anchors per-se.  Plus there's section editing and the ability to easily get back to the top of the page.  IMO, it is better.  I'm kinda glad there's something that's helping force us back there.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.