News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #1

Started by jephrey, April 18, 2006, 02:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groovy

It looks good with the tours under the year.  Maybe put some more space between tours and the months and then use the | to separate the days.
work less, dance more

groovy

Ok...so I can't seem to create another year so I can try out a template.  What do I need to do?
work less, dance more

groovy

work less, dance more

jephrey

You won't need to make any templates...

First, I think we should change how we name the details pages.  20001006 is cool, but why not name the page October 6, 2000.  Then We wouldn't have to have the date written, it'd be automatic on every page just based on the page name.  We can delete this if it's not cool.  I'll do it with 10-05.

J

It's the wrong setlist but what do you guys think of October 5...  The title of the page is up there so it doesn't have to be written.  Then I have the venue with links to the tour, year, and setlist pages over to the right.  I like this format better because of the page naming being exactly the "title" of the page and not having it say.  I updated the template accordingly.

October 5, 2005
venue.....

lemme know.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

August

i like the october 5, 2000 better.
a

jephrey

Think we should put a "next show", "previous show" on the Details page?

I do...

I made the 10-06 page again with the new title.  Speak up now if you want to chime in on which way to do it.  Aug and myself like this format so far and I'm kinda running with it.  I'll try and do some next/previous tonight.  It may be some work on our part, but it's a great feature.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

So before I go home...

I used the Month day, year notation for Oct 5, 6, and 7.  There is a page that must be deleted.  20001006.  I learned how to "move" a page after I had copied that one.

The bottom part of the details page is good IMO.  The top, which uses a template may need tweaking so go and look at other ways to do it.  Even if you come up with a way, I can apply it to the template.  (which is Template:Setlist) BTW.  Please don't mess with it, I'll take care of that.  I think the layout isn't the greatest with the links to the tour, year, and setlist page, and we'll want to add a next and previous link as well.  Just let me know what the layout should be and I'll do it.  I'll also be working on it and posting my findings.

J

August

shouldnt we have the venue on the list page?
a

sophist

I'm like the setup jeph. 
I also think a next/previous show link would be cool. 
I also thought it would be kind of cool to have the stats of each show (like the everyday companion)

example:
http://www.everydaycompanion.com/setlists/20050324a.asp 
I know jedi isn't a chart person, but if we could do something similar, i think that could be very helpful. 

just a thought. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

20001006 deleted, by request
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

This is just my vision and opinion, but song stats can go on the song page...  It's nice to have them there on the setlist page, but I personally wouldn't want them among the tracklisting, because as I mentioned before, A copy/paste could be used to generate a standard text file.  Now, as for charts and stuff, sure, maybe another section below called statistics, or notables, or something to that effect.  We already have a good bit of detail, at this point, I am content where it is for now...  However, I, for one, am totally open to additions and changes if everyone is for it too. 

As I said, the only thing I think needs tweaking is the top part (before Set 1:) on the details page.  On the setlists page, I wonder if you guys like what I did under 1999 and if we should use that under 2000 and go from there...

J

tet

i like what is under 1999. 

however, i'm wondering if we're really planning on having a single page that has every setlist from every show...  it may be organized nicely, but that is going to be hell for dialup users, and it will end up using a hell of a lot more bandwidth from us.  i dunno how much AJAX support is built into this software, but maybe we can dynamically load each year or so based on a top-level menu.  even frame support would be useful... 
-Phish

jedifunk

or (to rip off phish.net again) we could have a seperate page for each year...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

separate page for every year makes the most sense.  technically, we're ripping off the Oxford English Dictionary by using properly spelled words that are organized in relevance to their actual diction, but hey...   :-D
-Phish

jephrey

So maybe "setlists" is just a page of links to each year/tour page and the year and tour pages actually have the setlists...  That sounds ok although we'd then have to have the setlist in 3 places(although it'd be exactly the same on the year and tour pages so it'd be copy-paste)...  You guys think?  I'd be down.

J