News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #1

Started by jephrey, April 18, 2006, 02:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Jedi made 10-07, I made 10-06.

20001006 uses a template, as all setlists should (just for the top section).  I think this is the format we want.

The image goes to the right of the setlist with a set size.  I have it at 200px, but that can change.

I used the html code instead of == in a lot of places because I didn't think sections were necessary, nor did I want to clog the thing with all the [edit] links to the right.  I figure if you want to edit the title/setlist, you can hit edit at the top of the page.  I did however, leave section edition for Links and Notes sections and intend to have it available for other sections added in the future.

At the top, it also links to the tour and year page.  The title links to the overall setlist page.  All those are created in the template.  You use the template I made by making your top line look like this __NOTOC__{{Setlist|yyyy|Month d|Tour|Venue, City, ST|stubyyyymmdd.jpg}}.  Where yyyy is a 4-digit year and Month d is like October 7.  You guys should get the rest.  Look at 20001006 as an example...

We need to allow image uploading...  tet?

I liked the look of the Setlists page on wikka, and think we can do the same here.  There will be a lot of sections but oh well, they are sections so they can be linked to.  Plus it does make it easy to edit just one setlist at a time. 

Basically, I want to see how 20001006 looks after we can get an image uploaded.  Once that is done, and everyone is cool with the layout, then we can continue to add details.  I'll be looking into the setlists page first thing in the morn.

It's only 1:40 AM...  Where are you guys at? :-o

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Setlists page is partially complete...  20001006 is done to me.

Check it. and let me know what you think.  Please give me all your "why'd you do that" questions and other suggestions.  Let's get this one down right away!

Oh, and after some deliberation, I don't think it's necessary to use categories.  i got an idea for a few things, but it turns out that although the feature is automatic, we want to provide better links in a tabled format...  Remember the year and tour pages jedi?  It wouldn't hurt, but it'd be extra text at the bottom of every page.  I say no, but what do you guys think about them?

OK, I'm fuckin tired.  g'night

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

this is what I like to see.  A sixer in his system and he's still busting his ass for free.
Thank you mr. mediawiki Man this bud light is for you  :wink:

edit: I noticed that I messed the joke the up, so I fixed it  :-P
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

k, image uploads should be working...

someone is going to have to give me a lesson in mediawiki!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

sweet jeph!  i'll spend some time today poking around..

i will be the 1st to volunteer to do the year & tour pages!  that was my favorite part of the original wiki...

that said, i'll look at what jephs done and comment back.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Well, very similar but you don't have to denote when using html.

Templates are cool, just look up how to use them.  The explanation isn't perfect, but that in conjunction with what I did in our wiki should give you an idea.  Links can contain spaces

[[Heavy Things]]

to display something different, you use the vertical line

[[Also Sprach|2001]]

to link to an anchor on the same page (and anchors are any header, or thing enclosed in "=" signs)

[[#2000]], but to make the link say 2000...  [[#2000|2000]]

on a different page

[[Setlists#2000]] or [[Setlists#2000|2000]]

tables are like
{| border="0" width="100%"
| row1 col1
| row1 col2
| align=center | row1 col3
|-
| colspan="2" | row2 col 1&2
| row2 col3
|}

etc etc etc.  pretty similar.

I used html for bold instead of making things headers (in cases where we don't need links) with "=" signs because headers are sections, and sections are editable and have an  [edit] "link" to the right.

That's the gist of it.  there's other stuff that we'll learn and that will come back to us as we get going.

jephrey

Image scaling doesn't seem to work...  After a bit of searching, I found this but don't know.

"Imagemagick must be installed separately from Mediawiki or you can use the GD libraries"

I put a placeholder image for the stub in the template...  Pretty cool..

tet

i have to enable that on the server, i think it's installed... gimme a few mins...
-Phish

tet

ok, i enabled resizing, but imagemagick does have to be installed separately. i'll look into that after lunch
-Phish

jephrey

Anyone good at creating like an Icon?  You know the image in the upper left at wikipedia?  could we do one like that for this?  I don't know if joneym did his avatars himself, but if so, he may be a good candidate to make our "logo".  How can this be manipulated to fit week4paug/wikipaug?

Thanks tet!  I assume I'm getting this because imagemagick isn't in...

Incomplete GD library configuration: missing function imagecreatefromjpeg

J

jedifunk

i could put something together...

perhaps, make a collage of band photos, and map it onto the globe, and then put WikiPaug, "sharin our groove with you" under it...

or something like that.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jephrey on April 18, 2006, 11:02:19 AM

Thanks tet!  I assume I'm getting this because imagemagick isn't in...

Incomplete GD library configuration: missing function imagecreatefromjpeg

J

installed imagemagick.  i'm not sure where you're getting that error so i can't test if it now works, gotta be more specific...  lemme know.
-Phish

jephrey

That did the trick.  Scaling is working and all is good.  Thanks again.

Everyone check our 20001006 and let me know what you think.

J

tet

-Phish

jedifunk

ok, honestly, on the detail pages, do we need the numbers for each set?  i dont like that... just me?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio