News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #2

Started by jephrey, April 20, 2006, 09:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

it should 2001. ASZ is piece (written by wagner) that contains 2 movements, and phish only qoutes 1 movement(the main theme).
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jedifunk

well, i think, techically, phish is covering a cover.  deodato covered wagner, and phish is covering deodato...
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

Correction the wagner piece is thus spake zarathustra
phish plays also spake zarathustra, which confirms that it is an excerpt from TSZ.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

wagner wrote the piece after he read Niezche's (sp) Thus spoke Zarathustra

sophist

Ok so I don't know what to call it   :wink:

jedifunk

and its suzy greenberg... not suzie... not greenburg.... suzy greenberg
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Well, in the last wiki it was 2001, as that is what phish calls it and it's modeled after Deodato's version, not the original ASZ...  There's a problem with the song page being 2001 because that would be a year page...  However, we get lucky because Phish didn't play in 2001.

I'm fine with either, and I personally prefer to be technical, but I'd rather go by what Phish calls it, and that's 2001 as well.

I say 2001.

right on the suzy

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

and also, where is everyone getting their setlists from??

i'm grabbing from phish.net
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

sorry to keep hammering quesitons... but, on 7/11/00, what do you want call that chalkdust jam thingy... phish.net has it as chalkdust torture jam, i personally call it the chalkdust reprise...

thoughts?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

oh yeah, what about HYHU?  how do we want to handle that? since they never actually play the song...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Quotei dont really understand why we need a table @ the top of the page that has a link to the setlists farther down the page... isnt that what the date links are for?

just seems like overkill IMO

The table would replace the date links...  the top part of the page would be the table which could shoot you down the page or to a details page.  I could see that if the table was 130 rows it'd get ridiculous, so scratch that idea...

Maybe we could add to the date links...  Maybe it could be like

May:  15 [d] | 15a [d] | 16 [d] | etc....  The d would bring you to the details page, or maybe the date brings you to the details page and we use [v] to shooot you down the page.  If it's not up there, it'll be 2 clicks to get to the details page...  On the year page, this won't be used terribly often, it's more that part on the setlists page...  From there, to get to the details, you have to click on the date, it'll go to [[2000#Date]], then you have to click on the date...  I'd rather be able to just click once to get to the details.

Plus, at the top of the setlists page (it won't be terribly long) but I think it should also have [v] links to years further down the page so you can click on a year (and go to that page) or click on a year[V] and it'll scroll down...

Just my thoughts...

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

For the chalkdust jam, I'd personally go with a reprise...

And I think HYHU should be in notes

[[Love You]] was preceeded and followed by [[Hold Your Head Up]] With Trey on drums.

J

jedifunk

and whats the ophishial word on timber ho... i hate timber (jerry) personally, and would rather use timber ho.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

as for the dates, i like that idea, but perhaps instead of a d for details, we could use the "+" sign?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I like the [+] ...  that's cool.

and I didn't like timber (jerry) either, but that's what it is...  I think we should stick with that.

J