News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Mediawiki thread #3

Started by jephrey, April 25, 2006, 10:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

Just to keep some seperation and stuff, I'll start another thread...

1.  I re-vamped the Setlists page.  I think the benefit of this page is that it is a launchpad, and maybe should even be part of the top page...  It will link to every year, tour, and setlist.  As I think there should also be a song page that's just a list of every song and will link to each song.  It might be easy to use categories, and maybe sub-categories...  I have to look into this.  Categories are great for automating a table of contents, but if we want a more custom look, I think just making the page is good.  It'll be pretty static, so I think it's the way to go.

2.  I'll probably try to start a song page as well as a venue page to start getting an idea down on how to do them.

3.  We've got to finish the details pages for 2000, as well as design the tour pages.  Any takers?  I imagine the tour pages to almost be like the year page, but with just the setlists from that tour (should be copy paste).***  The grooves and stuff can get more detailed at the top.

*** I know there may be some resistance to having the setlists in a third place so maybe just a menu that links back to the year page?  However, if you're perusing a certain tour and go down to check out a show, maybe you just want to scroll around and then go up to the top to check out some more of the grooves that are mentioned.  It's only 1 more click.  I don't know.  Whatever.

Jeph
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Actually, I just put the framework up on the tour page (Spring 2000).  I suppose putting the setlists there isn't a big deal because after the year is finished, it's just copy-paste.  However, our editing instructions MUST tell folks to change the setlists in 3 places if an error is detected.  Which itself isn't a huge task because with this team and anyone we add, the errors will be minimal.

BTW, have you guys thought about a "Stats" section on the year/tour page?  I'll add something in a section...

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

Any thoughts on the stats section?  I just threw it together, some of the data is false.

J

jedifunk

well, i love the idea of the stats... dont know if i like the implementation too much.. although, i dont have any ideas ATM on how to do it differently...

are those the categories you'd like to see listed?

i'll comment more later tonight.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

I like the stats I have listed, but definitely want more...  I tried to format it similar to the top, but it's WAY preliminary, just to get an idea.  I like the almanac (which is more in paragraph form), but I always like the uniformity and clarity of it in a table of sorts.  Obviously, adding other cells will have an impact on how it looks, may muck it up a bit.  And may make it look too grid-like. 

I guess some others are...

top 10 (or closest to in the case of ties) Most played songs (and # of times played).  A list of songs that haven't been played in over 100 shows.  top 5 first/second/3rd/encore set openers/closers....

Maybe that stat of how many different songs played should be (originals) and there should be another stat for covers.

Any other ideas?  content or format?

Jephrey

jedifunk

mmm, that might be a bit too much for me (the stats)... perhaps we should move the stats down to the bottom of the page or even give it its own page... thoughts?
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

does anyone else keep getting sent back here when they try to opena page?
a

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

jedifunk

Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

It's not complete, but there are only a few more sections to add.  I really don't think it's too much, but I do think a different format would be good  I'm not sure about it being a table.  I'll experiment.

So I'm working on my and Jedi's opinions here.  Anyone else?

j

sophist

no complaints here! looks good to me.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

i like the stats, cool idea. 

in 2000, you forgot the breakout of Everybody's Got Something to Hide on 9/25, not played since 10/31/94...  i'd add it but i don't understand the tables well enough!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

August

i like it alot!
i still think that we should have our personal picks, though..
a

jephrey

Well, there's some issues with narrower screens...  One column of the table may go to 2 lines while the other column will remain 1...  I am using breaks, but I suppose I could do rows instead.  I'll try that or...

There are a lot of things that I don't have in the stats correctly yet.  So I know theres stuff missing and incorrect stuff.  I may mess with the formatting and possibly scrap the table and go with something else, but we'll see...

J