News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Song Pages

Started by sophist, June 09, 2006, 12:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

lol...I would but I've already got the DNC, and I just got my scanner here so I'm starting the daunting task of scanning all 260 stubs of mine, plus the 200+ from my g/f.......

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Not only that.....but I've got a box of tapes (around 70-80) that just arrived that I need to go through......

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

sophist

no explaining neccesary my friend.  I was just being a smart ass. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

disco

leave it to marmar to find the easy way :-D
that does sound nice, I'm gonna try that  :banana:
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

jephrey

does that include the interview shows and such?  If so then great, I'll use that for songs.  We have to remember to validate what setlists the stats page is using to come up with the stats.  With the books we have the setlists right in front of us and we can check them against what we have in the wiki.  I like to think that we're actually improving what is out there by accuracy and completeness.  So our setlists, although next to exact with a book or the stats page, may differ.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

i think a cross-check of ihoz, pharmers, and the companion as well as phish.net should give a pretty good idea for most shows.  of course, for shows not documented, i'm sure Marmar has a SBD>cass0 sitting somewhere in his studio that will answer anything in doubt  :mrgreen:

btw, i just added If I Could and Meatstick in their entirety.  please check for errors.  i actually found a missing performance of Meatstick on ihoz - 11/19/97.  he only listed the 6/25/97 performance in 97, strangely.  i'll email him...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

Cool, I'm kinda dead for that stuff simply because I try to do it at work and pulling out the almanac (which is what I suppose I'd use initially for songs) would be frowned upon.

Sounds good though.  Progress rulez.

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

ok, so i was just looking at a few of the song pages, and on the antelope page the list isnt complete...

so i'm just wondering who is doing those, and when they get updated?  is it up to whomever does a show page to then go and add that date to every song played at that show?  seems like a lot of work.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

It is.  I started a few.  I guess we're all kind of adding.  If it seems like too much, just add what you can.  Being a wiki makes it so that we all can contribute.  The toughest will be YEM with nearly 500 entries...  HAHAHA.

Tedious, but there's at least a limited number of songs out there and a bunch with short lists.  It won't be too bad.  Just like the whole thing, it'll take time.

J

tet

i started the Antelope page, the dates on it are for If I Could...  things like Antelope, YEM, Reba, Hood, Char0, FBitch...  those will all take a long time to do.  i think it's best to have an "IN PROGRESS" tag on there, i should've done that
-Phish

disco

yeah Melt was probably a bad choice for my first one, but its movin'. For 12-31-93 the song before is the Down With Disease Jam, I labeled it as such and though instead of devoting a page to the Down with Disease Jam we could use the intro for the DWD page to cite the precursor jam, its purpose and then continue on to explain the rest of the DWD mini story. I'll just shoot DWD after Melt, unless someone else wants that

www.week4paug.net

disco

Here's what I'd like to call the "fun club", all the shows with over 250 entries....
Total Times Played
You Enjoy Myself - 472
Mike's Song - 378
Golgi Apparatus - 376
Bouncing Around the Room - 373
Possum - 371
Cavern - 353
Weekapaug Groove - 353
David Bowie - 346
Chalk Dust Torture - 340
Stash - 332
Run Like an Antelope - 331
Suzy Greenberg - 323
Divided Sky - 322
Runaway Jim - 313
Reba - 309
The Squirming Coil - 293
Foam - 290
Sparkle - 281
I Am Hydrogen - 280
Llama - 276
The Lizards - 270
Split Open and Melt - 265
Poor Heart - 264
Harry Hood - 258
Tweezer - 258
Fee - 253

maybe fbitch and zero wont be so bad :-D

www.week4paug.net

jephrey

Here's the thing about the "JAM".  We decided a while ago, that we would not name any jam, and that to be a jam, the music must be proven to be an entity in and of itself.  If the DWD jam is as such, it should be named "Jam" and it, and all other tunes named "Jam" would be on a song page called "Jam".  Go figure.  The beauty of it is that there is a notes section for each jam where you can write DWD jam or Fukuoka Jam #1 or whatever.  The reason is because we don't want a page for each individual jam, and it'd be great to peruse a list of basically spontaneous jams.

Does that make sense?

Jephrey

disco

yep, it makes dollars

www.week4paug.net

disco

didn't get that much time to work on Melt, hopefully soon....

www.week4paug.net

tet

not a problem, whenever you get a second.  hell, taking 10 minutes to enter 5 show dates is more than sufficient for a day's work.  everybody does what they can, and the rest will be left up to John Q. Public when we open up.  hopefully, people still remember who :phish: is by the time that happens...
-Phish